• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media offline with no file path in former team project

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a project file that was working fine last night to see that all of the media in it are listed as "Offline: File Missing" with no file path whatsoever.

This is a former team project converted back into a regular project, which until today has had no file-linking issues since the conversion a week or two ago. I suspect the file path has become distorted due to this project's former life as a team project, since team projects appear to use a cloud-based media path versus a local one.

The following message is listed at the bottom left of Premiere:

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.52.49 AM.png

There are over 7,000 assets in this project, so relinking them manually would be devastating. Any help would be so insanely appreciated.  

I'm using PP CC Version 12.1.1 (Build 10) on a Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS High Sierra Version 10.13.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Thanks so much for asking, Kevin. I have since resolved the issue for the time being.

I was able to open an auto-saved version, which loaded fine and which I saved as a new file that's worked since.

I'm not sure which project file was originally problematic, but if the issue reoccurs, I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to relink a clip, I see the following — a Cloud-based file name and no file path.

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 10.14.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a bit of the history on this project:

• It started as a local project.
  • It was converted to a team project, which eventually became unusable due to constant auto-saving errors.
  • It was converted back into a local project, which worked fine for a week or two until I received this error when trying to open it:
    Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 5.06.43 PM.png
  • After seeing the above, I went into finder and found the local project file alongside another local project file of the same name except this had been added to it: "(Conflicted copy from Mary's Mac Pro on 2018-07-13)". This "conflicted copy" local project file was the correct file size, while the other local project file I'd been working from was a fraction of the size.
  • I opened the "conflicted copy" local project file, it loaded without error, so I saved as a new project with a cleaner name, which worked fine.
  • Today I opened the "saved as" project file to find all media "Offline: File missing" with no file paths. When I try to relink media, it shows Cloud-based locator IDs with number strings as the file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any experience with Team Projects but one idea that comes to mind is to not convert.  Leave it as a Team Project.

Another idea is Step 2E below.  Instead of converting the project, import the assets into a new, non-Team project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim, but the project already been converted from a Team Project to a local one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that.  I'm saying go back a step.  Surely you have backups of the Team version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not following. I have the old Team project which in the week or two since conversion has had many updates.

Also you mentioned a "Step 2E below" but I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you mentioned a "Step 2E below" but I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Sorry.  Forgot to include the link.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

My thinking is also that you should know and use the correct project type from beginning to end.  If you're the only person working on it, create and keep it as a normal project.  Only use Team Projects when you intend to collaborate, in which case it would remain always a Team Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe give users the option to convert between local projects and Team projects then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has included several features in Premiere Pro that I recommend people avoid.  It happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lesp,
It appears that your current project might be corrupt. Do you have any backup projects you can inspect?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for asking, Kevin. I have since resolved the issue for the time being.

I was able to open an auto-saved version, which loaded fine and which I saved as a new file that's worked since.

I'm not sure which project file was originally problematic, but if the issue reoccurs, I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I am having the exact problem that mylesp was having but my auto-saved project files are also showing all video footage as offline. Yesterday when I saved and quit premiere everything was online. When I go to link media I have to find each clip individually. "Devastating" was the correct word mylesp used to describe what it would be like if I had to relink each file individually.

I'm running MacBook Pro 2015 with macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Premiere seems to be up to date with version CC 12.1.2 showing in my CC app.

I've tried:

Restarting the computer

closing and reopening different ways (from the .prproj file as well as the

Unmounting and remounting the external drive the video files are on

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing just now, everything was all fine and dandy, decided to download a fancy graphic, $20? that's insane, but whatever, I can afford it. I download it, shows up in my downloads, not available to me in Premiere pro.. So I start looking up guides and everything's about how to add graphics into the timeline, nothings helpful. So trying to figure it out I look for the file location where basic essential graphics were saved, dragged it in there, still doesn't show up. So I went to these forums, and I'm not even allowed to open a thread. So now I'm here, and I'm not happy.

Are you kidding me Adobe? If you're gonna make a title cost $20, TWENTY! DOLLARS!! You better make it the smoothest, easiest add-on ever. As far as I'm concerned, I just wasted $20 and will not touch Adobe Stock again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K, I'm calming down now, but can't edit for some reason. Apologies for my anger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, except I don't have a local project. About 3/4 of my media assets are offline. It happened all of a sudden, and corresponded with errors in autosave. The file path has been deleted and the file name has been changed to something starting with "locatorID":"0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000":" (all files have this same naming)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to solve this problem without relinking thousands of files that have no file path? I never created a local project (should do so weekly I think). All the auto-saves are also corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone resolved this issue? Working on a team project with 9000 assets in it, many of them dropping offline randomly. Even after I reconnect them manually (exasperatingly) they drop offline again a minute later. Help please!

Working in latest version of Adobe Premiere v22.0 on a 2018 MBP 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 processor. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines