• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Pending error screen whenever using 4k AVI video created from Keyshot animation

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the yellow media pending error screen whenever I import 4k AVI video's created in Keyshot into Premiere Pro. I can work with copies of the same video created from Keyshot at 1080 no problem, but just clicking on the 4k video to preview causes Premiere to crash. Cannot scrub through the sequence or get any of the 4k to play. 

I cannot get Media Encoder to convert the files in question into any other format, curiously, the AVI files at 1080 will work in Media Encoder and Premiere. 

I also cannot create proxies as Media Encoder also seems to not be able to process the videos either. Just spins indefinitely, no progress shown with the queue and never outputs anything. The 4k video files play fine in any media player, but are unusable it seems in both Media Encoder and Premiere. 

I am working on an Razer Blade laptop with an RTX 2060 graphics card, Intel i7-10750H, with 32 GB ram.

Have also tried to work with these files on my PC tower (full PCIE 4 build) with an RTX 2070 Super, Ryzen 3600, and 64 GB ram with the same results.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avi is just a rapper. What codec is inside?

Please post screenshot of clip in MediaInfo in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Brett,

Not super familiar with the export formats of Keyshot. Can you clue us in? Are these H.264 footage files? As Ann mentioned, can you put them through the freeware, MediaInfo (in Tree View), and show us a screenshot? That way, we can evaluate your format and see what's going on.

If Media Encoder does not import the files, you may want to transcode them in an FFMPEG based tool, like Shutter Encoder. It's free, as well. 

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines