Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory leak Premiere

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am on the most recent version of Premiere on an M1 MacBook pro editing footage from a red and one shot from a DJI drone.

Project has gone smoothly until yesterday when I ran out of application memory a couple of times and fixed with a restart.

Now it is happening every 15 minutes. Using the activity monitor I found that Premiere is using over 40 gigs of memory. As soon as I open the project. It's already using 7gigs and by the time it loads it's using thirty and then 40.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled premiere. I have reset preferences. Issue seems specific to this project because a quick video I made to test worked fine with no crashes and no problems rendering.

I need help. This is like a 7 thousand dollar project and I can't just give up on it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the pixel dimensions and frame rate of your sources and your sequence?  You might try a proxy workflow or transcoding the drone footage to a more robust format in which every frame is discreet such as the appropriate flavor of prores...  Drone footage is heavily compressed and requires a lot of the system to work with...  I haven't worked with RED footage but Premiere has a dependable proxy workflow but it can take some effort to get your head around it.  Post back if you need help with setting it up... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines