Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge Clips Problem

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I am having a horrible experience with clips not merging.

For the record, I have successfully merged clips numerous times.

In this case, one issue may be that AV audio came out quite poor...anyways, the automatic merging will not work right.

And sadly I have spent the last two hours trying to manually merge the clips just right and they WILL NOT LINE UP.

What in the world can I do?

Pretty upset how many hours have gone into this and sleep lost.

Any wisdom appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When automatic (audio) synchronisation fails I revert to adding clip markers; one per clip of course, sometimes I name them "sync" -- ensure capitalisation the same for both markers -- and that seems to work.  Of course the separate audio can be up to half a video frame out by picture without going sub-frame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If trying to nudge audio tracks, are you resetting the time code to audio units for that sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidmdigital: To add to what Neil wrote: Here's how you show Audio Time Units in the timeline:

screenshot_1671.png

Also see if this article helps you with your clip issue: Edit audio in the Premiere Pro timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DavidMDigital,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem similar to this. When I merge, the clips don't stay in their original form. The sound gets all smashed and is missing parts. I have no idea how to fix it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Stohler,
Sorry! I am hitting this bug when aligning clips using Clip Markers. I'm OK on the In points, though. Let me see if I can get a repro on my other computer, and I'll get a bug reported ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines