• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mi 1080p timeline freezes with a cpu 5950x and a gpu RTX 3080!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This is my first message here, because Premiere is performing very bad and I can't understand if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

WORKFLOW:

- Premiere 23.0.0 (comp. 63)

- AMD Ryzen 9 5950x

- ASUS RTX 3080

- 32GB Ram

I'm working with ProRes 422 4608x2592px, in a 1080x1920px timeline (vertical), reading from an external SSD with reading values of 260MBs. It is a simple edit, with one video at once, with no effects applied, with gpu acceleration activated, and the performance is very bad, the videos play very clumsy.

Just for the purpose of testing, I installed a demo version of other editing software, and it plays the files very smoothly, so it seems that it is not a problem of my workflow. What can I do to improve my Premiere experience?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JordiM,
Happy Friday! I see you are having trouble, and it is rather mysterious. That would drive anyone crazy. There is a strong possibility it is related to the GPU drivers. The latest ones are faulty with some GPUs, so you have to reinstall older drivers. 517.40 are the ones working on most systems now. Please try that and see if it solves the issue. You can delete the full media cache, not just the unused cache. Report back if these things do work (or not), so it may help other community members. 

Much Appreciated,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are your cache files? Pr uses those a lot. It helps if they are on a separate high-speed drive.

I've got a 3960X, 128GB of RAM, with a 2080Ti. Twin internal Nvme drives, one for OS/programs, the other for all cache files. Media/projects on other internal large SSD drives. I get excellent playback.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines