Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files after trying to encode project

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In premier pro (2020 version) ,  

This is Wacky to say the least. I only started (about 1 months ago) to have these problems the last two movies I tried to produce. These clips are GoPro10 clips @H.265/60fps.  

Did U do something to premiere pro? 

Problem: During edting nothing is wrong with any clips. I edit for days at a time so I'm saving, exiting, turning off the computer, going back in and working on the project, over and over again with no problems. BUT ! As soon as I start the adobe encoder with one of the 30 minute sequence things start to happen. Then the encoder stops with errors. when I go back into premier pro I see some, not all but some clips are "browned out" which I guess means it can't fine it’s source video. I simply can't import a new file/clip source because I get an "missing media " error.

Whats really wacky is that I can rename the original " *.mp4" file/clip to "copy *.mp4 " and then I'm allow bring it into the project successfully. But I have to do extensive editing again. 

To me these are big projects.  Meaning they are 2 to 3 hours in length with a project size of around 200 gb

Without going any further, can u help me or do u need more info ?

I guess my next move it to re encode with handbrake. 

This is absolutely rediculous. I never had adobe NOT accept GoPro 10 video before last month. This will take a week to render these videos in hand brake, a week at least. 

Please help! Please ! Im dying over here. 

Thnx for anything u can do

Dave C. Stout

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me im running premiere pro  2022 but everything else is happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned that in Premiere, the project is fine. Are you able to successfully do a direct export within Premiere (not a Queue to AME)?

Additionally, what format are you exporting to? If you're exporting to H.264, for example, maybe try exporting to an intermediate codec like ProRes, and then after that's made - make the H.264 from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos are missing.  it's not like I would want the encoder to produce anything with missng video clips. I didn't attempt anything once I noticed the problem.  But thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I'm guessing you were able to relink the media then at least?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/relinking-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, exact Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, H.265 is a delivery codec, very efficiently encoded and therefore a drain on available resources for playback, let alone editing. If working with this causes trouble for your edits, you may consider transcoding the footage first to an edit-friendly codec, such as ProRes or Cineform.

Nonetheless, apparently for some reason you're files have gone offline. Are you editing from an external drive? Please consider copying all the media first to an internal drive, preferably a fast SSD.

Next, with the Link Media option in the context menu (right click) of the Project Panel (where all the media is located) you can relink your footage. Tell PPro where a single clip is and all the other clips will be relinked automatically. There should be no need to bring in the footage again under a different name.

Please let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (520).png

Screenshot (519)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering some questions, I have 2X2tbSSD Raid system on my laptop.  I do all my work on the SSD that has the Premiere Pro & Adobe Encoder software on it.  I also store encoded files there too.  I exit all apps and turn off internet while working/encodeing. I do everything possible to ensure speed & performance from my alienware laptop. 

Now the problem I'm having may be to VERY limited memory left after loading over 200gb of *.mp4 files for producing a finished H.265 product.  Let me also say that encoding a 3 hour "production" it already takes 12-14 hours for each of the 30 minute segments. So I am pushing the limits of a laptop pc.  I know. Its max'd out.  BUT ! This problem (of "off line" media is very new to me.  I've been producing for literally decades and never never never had this problem. I always work out "user error" problems because thats what they are.  User errors. One more thing, im a fanatic over saving my work.  

Well anyway, 

When files are "off line" I can just goto a file manager and rename the "off line" file and import it and edit back into my sequences without any problems.  BUT!  This takes an additional 10s of hours to to essentially redo the entire project.  

That brings up another point.  Out of 6 sequences the 1st one had only 2 files "off line" the 2nd sequence got hit hard.  90 % had to be re worked.  3rd & 4th wasn't so bad and the 5th & 6th sequence only had 2 "off line" files.  THIS IS MADDENING.  

I attached some pics of my situation plus pics of my hardware and OS

I hope someond cane help.  

Screenshot (520).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (518)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (522).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

media warning in MEDIA ENCODER.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS  (2).png

Screenshot (519)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (519)_LI.jpg

media warning in MEDIA ENCODER.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines