• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Frames after Export in Premiere Pro 2019

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every video we export in our office seems to have completely random missing frames after export is completed. Resulting in black frames scattered throughout a film...anything from a 15s teaser to a 20-30minute film.

I've tired a number of different options

- export direct from Premiere in h.264 & ProRes

- export via encoder in h.264 & ProRes

Is anyone else having such issues?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the source and sequence's codec and frame rate.  Might be a clue there.   You might try setting your render quality to match your sequence settings and use previews when you export.  

The only time I've seen this is when I've applied optical flow speed changes to a clip that has black immediately next to the last frame used.  The simplest fix in this case was to extend the next shot by one frame to cover the black frame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing frames are in the middle of a single take. No cuts/transitions to throw it off.

Source footage can be a combination of .R3d/mp4/mts/mov all at 23.976.

Sequence settings -

- 23.976 timebase

- square pixel/progressive scan

- preview format - I-frame only MPEG

- codec - MPEG I-frame

Export settings

h.264/mov @ 23.976

hardware encoding

bitrate settings - VBR1/2 pass or CBR

Interpolation - have tried both 'frame sampling' & 'optical flow'

As a note, it only does this when exporting from native footage. Once the shots have passed through Davinci via .xml and exported as ProRes4444. Once they're brought back into Premiere to add the final sound mix and exported, its clean. 

Really strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the source and timeline framerates?  If framerates don't match might be a source of the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, everything matches...I added more above, I sent the message too early. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's anyone still looking for answers about this, but I want to share what worked for me:
After a while experiencing this problem I'VE SOLVED THIS FOREVER: you have to select your render in Premiere or Encoder as OpenCL. This one won't never provide you random black frames!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, actually i have the same black frames poping up once in a while and i'm rendering in OpenCL and i still have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines