• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing media audio

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a stupid question, and forgive me if I am not framing these correctly, I'm a bit of a novice using this software. I'm having issues with missing audio that I'd rather not have to re-edit again.

I have a feature length film I've been editing and when I recently opened my project, half of my ADR files are showing up on the timeline, however, they are not playing due to the "media missing". I have followed the File Path to where it housed them, under my Documents folder. But, unfortunately, the folder these files were stored in was deleted and the trash emptied. I did this when freeing up some hard drive space and mistakenly deleted this folder. Time Machine on the Mac is not available.

The original audio files are still located on an external hard drive. They have their original names, such as "DR0000_0457.wav"

Whereas, the names of the missing media files are now named things like "Audio 211wav". 

So if I try to Match the file properties by file name or file extension, they don't match up. 

Is there any workaround that I can do where I don't have to physically go back and re-lay all these tracks down and re-edit them all over again?

Thank you for any help you could snd me.

Computer Specs: Mac Pro (Mid 2012. It's old), 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 580 8192. MB, 

Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.8.0 Build 39 (Like I said, old computer) 

Pictures for reference

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be doable.  if you want to post a small premiere project with one audio clip in a timeline and the audio file that it should be linked to, I'll take a look and see what's going on.  It should be doable without serious issues.   And you can send me a direct message by click on my username at the top of my post if you'd rather not have everyone hear your material..

Any idea how the audio files get renamed in premiere?  You should be able to relink the media to files with a different name.  

And if you reimport the audio files, do they play?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MGrenadier,

I thank you for responding. I messaged you directly. Just let me knowmif you received it and I will do everything I can to get yoy the footage you need to figure this out. I appreciate all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines