• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Media Clip without Name

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a project in Premiere Pro, it is unable to find a missing media clip that is not used in the current project. It was a clip part of an old version of the project, and I can't figure out how to delete it from this project, so that every time I open Premiere, I am not asked to relink to the missing clip. I've tried relinking the file to other files on my computer, but I receive a file import error message no matter what. I think it's also causing errors once I start editing, because there are various other instances of the program not functioning while editing this project. One of the majorly inconvenient errors is being unable to move the playhead. Also, when I hold down on the tools in the toolbar, I don't see other tool options pop up like normal. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly, double check the clip definitely does not exist in the project:

Search for "offline" in the search box above the project panel.

Then I would try creating a new project and importing your current one into it - this may help strip out the reference to this file. Experiment with just importing particular sequences using the dialogue that appears when you import a .prproj:

Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 23.41.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines