• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing media files photo library Mac

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I have a problem with Mac photolibrary. I just started using the iPhone to film and vlog and all the footage is imported to the photo library on mac.

First problem I have is that when I drag and drop videos from the library they appear as JPEG.

So what I did is to select the videos,, right click edit, edit on premiere pro and seemed to work

But then next day I opened Premiere pro, all the videos where missing media and Premiere couldn't find it because it is in Photolibrary...

What can I do? I couldn't find a folder where everything is stored and the only way I found to have the mp4 files is to airdrop it to my mac, which is not very good.

Is there any other ways to transfer files from iPhone to Mac without using the useless photoapp?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup.  Image Capture which is an apple app and is included in the mac os.  Not ideal but it allows you to select which photos and videos to transfer to any local folder on your mac...  You can also use airdrop but...  you need to have a recent mac os for it to work successfully with a recent iphone.    Thank you apple...  I was out on location on a job last year and a client assumed she'd be able to use airdrop to copy the video files we shot to my 2012 macbookpro that was running catalina (runs premiere 2022 just fine).  She was furious when it didn't work and of course she didn't have the appropriate lightning to usbA cable...   sigh.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Image Capture application as mgrenadier suggest is probably the way to go.

If using macOS Photos, we have to use File > Export to get the “export originals” option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you solved your issue, just in case I am attaching an alternative for android, which is  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out more  here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope you solved your issue, just in case I am attaching an alternative for android, which is import photos from samsung to mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines