• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Media panel on opening a project

Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened my current project today, many of the voiceovers I had recorded previously had been wiped out. The ones I did earlier today were there but not those from previous days. A panel popped up "Link Media" with the message "Missing media for these clips. I clicked on the Locate tab and then a Search tab. 24 of the 32 missing clips were checked as "processed". Now what do I do to get these audio files back in the project?  The tab choices are "Offline All", "Offline", and "Cancel"  I afraid to just experiment as I don't want to permanently lose all this work.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

I agree completely.  I save all my projects on my hard drive and also on an external harddrive.  For some reason, Premier Pro saves them to OneDrive as well, so it is a redundancy. When you do a "locate" in PP, it lists the OneDrive location however.  

I am happy to say I have figured out how to do the relink from within the Program. I go on the TimeLine, right click on the dark-red audio clip that has no audio. A lengthy menu appears and I click Link Media. This brings the Link Media panel up th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click each in the project panel and choose relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! To get back to the project panel, I had to click cancel. Then I right-clicked one of the missing audio files, that now has a question mark on it, on the project panel as you suggested but there was no "relink" option. There was a "Link Media...." option but when I clicked on that it brought the file up on the same "link media" panel as mentioned earlier but with just that file. Hitting locate did nothing and I'm back where I was. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you search for it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was able to track down some of them manually in my cloud storage, and hopefully the rest will be there too. It's a tedious process though as everything I extracted or deleted is there too and it doesn't use the names I assigned to the files.  In case it might help others, here was the path: OneDrive>Documents>Adobe>PremierePro>22.0>Adobe Premiere Pro Captured Audio> <saved project name>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best not to have your media on OneDrive, but on a local disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree completely.  I save all my projects on my hard drive and also on an external harddrive.  For some reason, Premier Pro saves them to OneDrive as well, so it is a redundancy. When you do a "locate" in PP, it lists the OneDrive location however.  

I am happy to say I have figured out how to do the relink from within the Program. I go on the TimeLine, right click on the dark-red audio clip that has no audio. A lengthy menu appears and I click Link Media. This brings the Link Media panel up that appeared originally but with only one path listed. This path will lead to the .wav file I need. Click Locate and this time a image of the computer's file structure appears. You can follow the path listed to open the old saved project file with its list of audio files. Highlight the needed file. An OK button now appears and clicking that will drop the needed .wav file into the correct spot on your timeline (ie replacing the old blank clip). 

Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Thanks for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines