• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Media Work around

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing a whole bunch of files because I blindly cleared my downloads folder, or moved like 5% of all audio files in my project. It upsets me because it clearly shows the files in my project and the effects and things I did to them. Obviously no one wants to go and redo all of that, but I'm just wondering;

Since Premiere Pro recognizes the files and the work I did to them, is there a way to load all the files without having to get them again. 

I am fine with not having the audio files when I finish it, I just don't get how it doesn't keep the files in it's original state.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Premiere Pro recognizes the files and the work I did to them, is there a way to load all the files without having to get them again. 

I am fine with not having the audio files when I finish it, I just don't get how it doesn't keep the files in it's original state.

By @drmontrays

No, once you delete files from the disk they are gone. There are apps that can recover deleted files and the thumb of rule is to stop using the disk directly if you want to have them back. If you continue to use the disk and write over the disk the lower the chance for the app to recover anything. Google if your friend here, tons of apps and info.

If you have a backup you can restore it. 

If you Premiere Pro misses files that you have moved you can use the Link command in Premiere Pro to relink up/find the files. How to relink offline media | Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the download folder. Something from the Internet?

Nope you need the real clips sitting somewhere on your computer to relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines