• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing project - no record of project ANYWHERE other than captured video/audio folder

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can give me a hand. 

I logged into premier pro to export a client video from a few months ago. I haven't used premier since August and it forced me to update before opening the app. After updating, my project is nowhere to be found. It is not in my recent projects, and it is not listed when I click open project.

Yes, I have watched/read every tutorial under the sun telling me to check my autosaved folder. I have and it is not there. All of my other project files are there, except this one. I have no idea what happened or where it went. 

I have also tried searching .prproj with no luck. 

The ONLY place I can find reminents of this project is in the Captured Video/Captured audio folders. When I open the folder, it appears everything is there. However, I cannot seem to open it in premier pro. When I try opening it in Premier, it says 'no files available'. The file path is C:\Users\OneDrive\Documents\Adobe\Premier Pro\ 22.0\ Adobe Premier Pro Captured Video. 

Can someone help me figure out what is going on? I am not sure where this went wrong. Thanks ! 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vicotria, 

One other place to track down an AutoSaved project file is your Creative Cloud folder. There is an auto-save preference to place backups in addition to your Auto Save folder.

I see One Drive mentioned in the file path in question. Please check your One Drive backups for a potential backup, as well. Let us know what you discover.

You may want to use caution with One Drive to house the Documents folder. As a rule, I avoid One Drive and iCloud in housing my project files. If you use them, back project files up to separate drives for safekeeping. The rule of thumb is that if it's not saved in three places, it's not saved. 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines