Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is not recognizing my new graphics card, a GTX 1080 Ti.
Opening a project, that had been using CUDA with my GTX 970 GPU, gave me a Missing Renderer error after I replaced the GTX 970 with a GTX 1080 Ti GPU.
Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration which is not available on this system. Mercury Playback Engine Software Only will be used.
New projects are unable to assign the the graphics card also.
Steps I've tried so far:
1) Tried removing the cuda_supported_cards.txt file as a solution
2) Tried adding the Name entry from GPUSniffer.exe for the card into cuda_supported_cards.txt
E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6>gpusniffer
--- OpenGL Info ---
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 385.69
GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Monitor 0 properties -
Size: (0, 0, 2560, 1440)
Max texture size: 32768
Supports non-power of two: 1
Shaders 444: 1
Shaders 422: 1
Shaders 420: 1
--- GPU Computation Info ---
Found 1 devices supporting GPU computation.
CUDA Device 0 -
Name: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Total Video Memory: 11264MB
3) Disabled Intel HD Graphics 3000 in Device Manager
4) Tried shortening the list in cuda_supported_cards.txt:
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
I'm kind of at a loss, since I bought the card specifically for Adobe Premiere Pro.
Updates: I added the nvcuvenc.dll files to windows\system32 and windows\SysWOW32, as described in a YouTube video, but this had no effect. BTW, my CS6 Photoshop has no problem seeing the GPU, and GPU-Z reports that I have CUDA available.
Message was edited by: Christian Vye