• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixed Frame Rate Multicam Sequences

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a shoot where we have 2 cameras recording at 23.976 and 6 cameras recording at 30p. This is for creative reasons, not because we're idiots.

We are recording dual system sound with timecode set up for 23.976.

Premiere can handle mixed framerate multicam sequences last I checked. But how would you suggest we sync all of the cameras?

Merge the 23.976 A and B cams with the dual system sound then group the other 6 cameras with it audio waveforms to create the multicam sequence?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Because not all of the 30p cameras have audio on the clips, this isn't quite as simple as making multicam sequence synced with audio waveforms. So, here is our workflow:

1. Merge A & B Red cameras with production audio, synced using timecode
  2. Make multican sequence with A & B cams + 30p cams with audio, synced using audio waveforms
  3. Make multicam sequence with all 30p cameras, synced using timecode
  4. Open 30p multicam sequence in timeline view
  5. Select all cameras and add a marker to each clip in a place wher

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess best practice is to create a multicam source sequence with your 6 cameras at 30 fps,

then manually drop and sync your 23.976 fps assets into that source sequence, to do that, right click

on the source sequence in the project panel and choose open in timeline, this will open up the

sequence ready to drop and sync your 23.976 fps assets (premiere will create a pulldown for those)

since the majority of your footage is 30p. you might say no I wanna go the other way, so create

a multicam source sequence from your 23.976 fps assets, open it in timeline, and sync the other

6 cameras based on that.

You can also set up a 30 fps multicam sequence for all assets manually, if the create multicam source

does not sync properly

It really depends on what you want and to what format you are going to export.

Take into consideration not only frame rates but also interlaced or progressive scan,

so your final sequence must be set up accordingly to what is required from you to deliver,

take into consideration Broadcast or Web. If you tell us more we can help more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thinking was to sync the 23.98 footage with the sound then grouping all of the cameras using audio waveforms in a 23.98 sequence since the intention is to finish for theatrical.

Does anyone know if that would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have to create a 23.976 multicam source sequence from your 23.976

footage and the audio, (or you can manually create a multicam seq)then sync

the 6 30fps cameras into that same sequence, the 30 fps will loose 6 frames

so you have to decide whether to go for frame sampling, frame blending or

optical flow, depending on how you would like to treat the 30fps footage.

Will you be exporting into wraptor ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will be finishing on DCP. I do not know if it will be Wraptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ulikunkel_autobahn,

What solution did you end up going with? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because not all of the 30p cameras have audio on the clips, this isn't quite as simple as making multicam sequence synced with audio waveforms. So, here is our workflow:

1. Merge A & B Red cameras with production audio, synced using timecode
  2. Make multican sequence with A & B cams + 30p cams with audio, synced using audio waveforms
  3. Make multicam sequence with all 30p cameras, synced using timecode
  4. Open 30p multicam sequence in timeline view
  5. Select all cameras and add a marker to each clip in a place where they all overlap. Note the timecode of the marker.
  6. Select cameras with no audio. Copy (Control+C).
  7. Open A & B Multicam sequence in Timeline view.
  8. Turn on overlays so you can see the source timecode of the different video layers.
  9. Select the 30p clip and put a marker on the same frame where you placed the marker in the 30p multicam sequence.
  10. Paste the no-audio 30p camera clip into the sequence. You might need to add video tracks to make room for them.
  11. Align the markers.
  12. In the source monitor, click the wrench icon, choose Edit Cameras.
  13. Arrange the cameras so they are in the proper order.

Laborious, but it works. And, we don't have to waste time or hard drive space transcoding to 23.98fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a shoot where we have 2 cameras recording at 23.976 and 6 cameras recording at 30p. This is for creative reasons, not because we're idiots.

I'm skeptical of that final claim.  Can you explain the thinking here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a question. I'm new to all this and I have no idea why this problem is happening. I have a podcast and I record using 2 iPhone 14pro max and a canon m50 mark II for a 3 angle multicast sequense 

I record on 60 fps on all devices, for some reason one iPhone fps is 48.59 another iPhone is 59.96

and the cannon M50 fps is 59.94 

when I put them all in the sequence, sync them and nest the 2 cameras, it makes my iPhone footage exposer high and really bright making the footage impossible to use. I try to use  each of the footage in the sequence first one bye one and nothing is working. So basically how do I work with 3 different fps in a nest multicam sequense without it messing up the footage!!?!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines