Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing frame rates on timeline

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

I've already created a massive project here, and I realized after the fact that some of my clips have a different frame rate than my timeline. When you interpret the footage and then modify the framerate of the clip to match the framerate, as I understand is the best way to work with mixed frame rates, it changes the timing of my clip.

Is there any way to change the frame rate of my clip so that it matches my timeline, without destroying the cuts I've already made? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a massive project, I would leave it as is, especially if clips dont behave oddly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro automatically adjusts the timing of clips to whatever the sequence was set to. It does so pretty intelligently, although throwing 25 fps footage on a 50 fps sequence may not yield the results you want. The other way around will work surprisingly well.

However, the downside is that it takes more of the resources of your workstation to change playback speeds on the fly.

You only use Interpret footage if you wish to have clips matched to the sequence, accepting any speed changes. Think of interpreting 50fps clips so that they will play back in half speed.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the clips aren't playing back correctly, using 'Speed/Duration" to adjust speed often works better than "interpreting" the clips to a different speed.

But as Ann & Richard note, Premiere can often handle many speed issues without problems. So if a clip's working ok, ignore it. Only "fix" those that visibly need fixing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a tough one. Ant things you will try might destroy your cuts. better to approach this prior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines