• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying keyboard shortcuts in premiere pro

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't quite sure how to word the title in a way that makes sense.

What I'd like to be able to do while cutting interviews is to have the selection tool selected, then be able to hold down a key which will switch to the razor tool (but only while the key is held down) so that I can make a cut where I click and then release the key and automatically switch back to the selection tool.

I hope he explanation makes sense. I think if i were to be able to have something like that set up, it would be a lot faster than constantly hitting 'C' and 'V' to manually switch between the two.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Control-K (Command-K for Mac) work for for you?

It will cut a selected clip in your sequence at the point the time indicator (CTI) is at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately Cmnd-K wouldn't work for this specifc scenario, because I'd have to move the time indicator to the point I want to cut each time. This is even slower than constantly switching between the selection tool and razor tool manually.

I need to be able to click where I want to make the cut.

For context, I've put an adjustment layer over an hour long interview that has spaces and cut points already. I'm trying to find the fastest way to cut the adjustment layer at each cut point of the interview and then delete the bits where I don't need it as I'm going through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untested re whether this gets the correct frame, so curious whether this works..

Do all the adjustment layer cuts after other cuts so you don't need to change? Use up/down arrow to move to the cuts, then Ctrl-K?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're asking for is called a "spring-loaded shortcut" and lots of Adobe apps support them in some fashion. Premiere doesn't, so the fastest way is to swap between the Razor and Select tools. My left hand is often hanging out on that side of the keyboard so it's just a quick tap of two fingers, but you can vote on this User Voice request for the feature, it would be handy to have: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34507063-spring-loaded-keyb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just voted. The more I think about this the more useful I realise 'spring loaded' shortcuts would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines