• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOGRT downloading as PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Premier Pro user.  I want to download a premade template to save time, but when I download it, the MOGRT file shows up as a PDF and I cannot add it to the Essential Graphics.  Has anyone ever had this happen?  I cannot figure out what the issue is.

Mod note: spelling correction "mogrt" for search purposes.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

In the video you'll see when I try to open through Premier Pro in the Essential Graphics tab, there is nothing to select.

By @brittanyp32230536

In the Essential Graphics panel, select the Browse tab instead of the Edit tab and click on the icon down right. This will install .mogrt files.

Personally i think it should be possible to import .mogrt files directly from the Edit tab as well, but it is for some reason it can´t be done.

Averdahl_1-1668713442421.png

Averdahl_2-1668713705095.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you downloading this from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>From StoryBlocks and Envato.--
Brit Patterson
[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, how were you adding it ... and second, have you contacted the vendors or scanned their intructional/help files for assistance?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just downloading it and when I open the zip file it says it’s a PDF.
I haven’t contacted the owners because it’s happening with every file I’ve
tried from various owners. I feel like I’m doing something wrong but I
don’t know what:--
Brit Patterson
Realtor
[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a video of what is happening as you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me upload the file because it says the file type is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.loom.com/share/4f72d9fa7a1240de8859bd1541aaf131 

It won't let me upload the file because it says the file type is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Premiere Pro project template, not a Mogrt.

ppt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but it doesn't download that way. You can see in the video there is no Premier Pro file, only a PDF file, and when I open that PDF file it says the mogurt file cannot be opened.  This happens with many different files.  It's the most bizarre thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get that video to play past 34 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird.  I made a shorter one and cutout the download time for the file.

https://www.loom.com/share/c8e832413fe44dc9930e27a1aebd79ea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on it and choose open with Premiere Pro or After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and there is no option to "open with" when I right click.  It will only open in Adobe Acrobat.

https://www.loom.com/share/946f8a49dbf446a793fd560ec66d6179 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to contact StoryBlocks and Envato support about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to do this.  I have sat on chat "help" for hours with Story blocks with no response at all.  I called their number a week ago and someone was supposed to call me back and never did.  Same thing with Envato.

If anyone has better options for premier pro templates besides those two platforms I am all ears.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Envato has a forum:

https://forums.envato.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to ask a question on the forum and it won't let me.  I swear I am not this techologically ignorant.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new Premier Pro user.  I want to download a premade template to save time, but when I download it, the MOGRT file shows up as a PDF and I cannot add it to the Essential Graphics.  Has anyone ever had this happen?  I cannot figure out what the issue is.

Mod note: spelling correction "mogrt" for search purposes.

By @brittanyp32230536

It seems to be a problem with file associations in Windows that mess up everything and fooling you that the files are .pdf files while they are not.

I would start with going to open the Folder Options dialog in Windows and go to the View tab. Once there, make sure to un-check the Hide extensions for known file types and click ok. By doing this you will actually see the extension of the file, in this case to verify if the file/s actually is .pdf or anything else. Now you dont actually see any extensions and that can be confusing.

In Windows you can change the default type for a file so any file can show icons in Explorer for let´s say Acrobat and thus fooling the end user to think that it is a pdf though it is not. A double click on the file will launch the wrong app. In the image below i fooled Windows to think that my .pdf file is a media file that will open in VLC. If i double click on file VLC tries to open it but fails. Solution for me: Change back so Acrobat opens .pdf files again.

So, make sure that your file associations are correct. If they are not there can be issues.

And, what happens if you from within Premiere Pro´s Essential Graphics panel click on Install Motion Graphics template and locate the same files?

Averdahl_0-1667235754602.png

Averdahl_2-1667237060422.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  I did that and they are all now downloading as Illustrator files instead of PDF, and I get the same error message when I try to open them that "the MOGURT file cannot be opened."  Do I need a special program to be able to open these things?  I don't understand why I'm having such an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and they are all now downloading as Illustrator files instead of PDF...

By @brittanyp32230536

What´s the name of the file you have, including the file extension? (Not just "Illustrator" or "PDF" or "ZIP")

A file do never download as anything but a file. 🙂

Due to wrong file association/default by file type in Windows the file may appear as an Illustrator file, or a MS Word file, or a After Effects file, etc, in a file explorer. If the file is named Filename.mogrt it is still a MOGRT file no matter what icon it get´s in a file explorer.

If the file actually downloads as Filename.ai (Illustrator file) one day and Filename.pdf (Acrobat file) the next day you have either a virus on your computer or the server you download from has.

If you have a file named Filename.mogrt, what happens if you in Premiere Pro click on the Install Motion Graphics template in the Essential Graphichs panel and then select the file Filename.mogrt and click Open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the file extension is ".mogurt".  But when I try to open them in Premier Pro they don't show up as an option to be selected.  So it's like even though the file extension is .mogurt, Premier Pro is not recognizing it as a MOGURT file.  Please see the video...it's really weird.

https://www.loom.com/share/5cd438a1911648e0b040732b3185ecbc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do as Averdahl suggested?

If you have a file named Filename.mogrt, what happens if you in Premiere Pro click on the Install Motion Graphics template in the Essential Graphichs panel and then select the file Filename.mogrt and click Open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines