• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOGRT files very buggy and impossible to use with Premiere

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple mogrt file - a template from AE where I have text with background box that changes the size based on the length of my text. In CC2020 I used to be able to use it with no problem and no extra time when rendering. Now in cc2021 and cc2022 I have these issues:

as soon as I place mogrt on timeline the whole software takes very very long time to switch between windows (timeline to Essential Graphics or Effects Control and so on)
the render time of 40s video jumps from a couple of mintues to 40min
sometimes the whole system crashes

I never had these issues in 2020 version and I even tried to reexport the MGRT in the new CC2021 AE but that didn't help at all.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

(I'm on a mac, Big Sur OS v11.6, with 32GB memory, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 and

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB graphics card)

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

An acknowledgement and fix! https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-fix-hanging-with-after-effects-22-0-compositions-in-premiere-pro-22-0-or-media-encoder-22-0/td-p/12503185

Disabling multiframe rendering in After Effects before exporting my essential graphics template seems to have fixed my issue. Still going to wait for the beta update before asking my team to move up to 22 tho..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say I seem to be having a similar issue. I have a library of motion graphics templates exported from AE and one of them gets completely hung up when dragging it onto the timeline. Weirdly this doesn't happen with all of the templates. For the time being we've decided to stick with Premiere v15.4.1 (aka2021) where there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I have a couple of suggestions for you while Adobe works out these bugs with v2022: 1. Stick with Premiere 2021 until they sort out these problems with dynamic link - my guess is that's what's causing the problem with our ae mogrts in premiere. 2. Consider exporting your motion graphics templates to a Creative Cloud library instead of exporting them locally as a MOGRT. I've had much more success with the templates as part of a library vs. importing them individually as a MOGRT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An acknowledgement and fix! https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-fix-hanging-with-after-effects-22-0-comp...

Disabling multiframe rendering in After Effects before exporting my essential graphics template seems to have fixed my issue. Still going to wait for the beta update before asking my team to move up to 22 tho..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you so much! Yes that thread explains a lot although I've followed the steps and my problems remain - even after updating AE... at least I know it's not just me.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines