• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOGRT - on importing a CSV it loses Links using Hex-codes for colors (only numbers don´t work)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i postet this Problem a long time ago, but still it isn`t fixed. When i export a MOGRT which uses HEX-values from a CSV and make it exchangeable in PremierePro, it works finte UNTIL i add a HEX-code with only numbers like "000000". Then it looses the link of the column when importing the CSV to the MoGRT-template in Premiere...
(Screenshot1 shows who it looks like when i use "000000"-> looses link and uses HEX value from last CSV-> not relinkabale ; Screenhsot 2 -> when changed to "F00000" works fine again)
i think it is because the characters in the column are now only numbers -> PremierePro interprets the HEX-codes from the CSV not as String anymore, maybe it thinks this are "float" or "integers". I tried in the script to Force it as String but it doesn´t seem to work, because the problem is still happening when importing and exchnanging a CSV in a MOGRT-Template in Premiere, so think no script will resolve this.

Has someone an idea how to fix this Bug. I tried adding a "#" in front of the HEX-Code but than the HextoRGB-Function doens´t work anymore.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that would need an answer from someone like @mattchristensen  or @jstrawn .

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jonas5E1A

If you want AE and AELib inside of Premiere (which powers Mogrts) to read a value as a Hex value from a spreadsheet, it has to have a # in front of the hex code. It's a requirement for the apps to distinguish it from a regular ol' text string. 

The other thing to consider here is that the hexToRGB expression has to be set up in such a way that it is looking at a specific column and row in your csv. Here's an example of what I would use: 

colorText = thisComp.layer("name of.csv")("Data")("Outline")("column name")("Row Data 1").toString();

hexToRgb(colorText);

Lemme know if that works for you. 

Thanks,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines