Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOGRTs Missing Video Assets

Advocate ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Premiere Pro Community,

I have MOGRTs that I synced to a CC library to share with my coworkers. I thought this would be very useful with the times that we're in now and working remotely. However, when each four of them, each with their own computer, open the shared library, copy to local, and drop onto their timeline, they report seeing color bars anywhere I used video in the animation. However, they said that they see the motion graphics fine. Is it possible that video assets do not survive the journey to the cloud? I created the MOGRTs in After Effects. One is 1.03 GB, and the other is 1.07 GB. Even though After Effects says that MOGRTs larger than 1 GB cannot be synced to Creative Cloud libraries, when I go to export the MOGRTs, it did not have an issue with the .03 or .07 extra. 

The original method of going down to the bottom right corner of the Essential Graphics Panel and clicking "Install Motion Graphics Template" button seems to still work correct, and may just need to be the way that we do it for the time being. But it would sure be convenient to use the CC libraries the way that they are intended for.

Versions we're working on: our whole studio is on Premiere Pro Version 14.0 and After Effects 17.0. I temporarily updated to Premiere Pro Version 14.1 because it seems like Version 14.0 does not copy/sync MOGRTs to CC libraries correctly (at least uploading).

Any advice?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon, 

Would you mind sharing the Mogrts with me so I can take a look? 

Do you get the same results if you avoid CC Libs? i.e. you export to a local destination and email / slack? 

The fact that you're getting color bars instead of a Media Offline message gives me a clue that its an issue with how Tiny Inception AE inside PR is reading (or in this case not reading) the packaged media. 

I'd love to help you get back on track. 

Cheers,

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia!

Is it alright if I DM them to you? Reason being, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to share them publically or not (although I can't imagine why anyone else would want them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! Thanks for sending them my way 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send them via message on this forum Brandon 🙂 
I haven't seen anything so just checking in. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi What was the solution here? Would love to get my project back on track as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia and Brandon!

Is there any fix to this?

Im trying all kinds of formats and compressions and i still cant seem to move the .mogrt to another computer.

Thanks!

Shahar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shahar,

I forget exactly how we got this figured out. If I remember right, I think several of my coworkers' computers in the office were on mismatching software versions. After I put their computers on matching versions of After Effects and Premiere Pro, I believe that did the trick in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brandon, i'll check it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi have this issue been fixed? mine is encountering the same problem please help, this project is important , this is what i see when i add the mogrt

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.04.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having an issue where my .mogrt files once opened in Premiere, are not showing the full animation as it does in AE. Is there a reason the text won't animate on in the .mogrt file as it does in AE? It's a lower third and I only want folks to be able to update the text. But the animation is off! Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kristin5CA6 ,

Apologies for the very late reply here. Sometimes I miss new reports in comments of older reports. If you're not seeing your animation in Premiere Pro, then its very likely you added a keyframed control to the EGP. The keyframes are ignored in Premiere because they can only represent one value-- i.e. the value the editor will make once the control is in Premiere. 

Using Precomps and pickwhipping keyframed parameters to Expression controls is a good workaround. It will be much easier for me to guide you though with the mogrt itself. 

If you could send me the problem Mogrt via DM, that would be great. 

Thanks,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered the same problem. Basic MOGRT in AE, all assets except the text are 'missing' when used in premier pro.

The missing layers are just artwork laters from Illustrator, set to varying opacities. 

problem.JPGproblem2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Flynn23900110zmcy 

Can you please share your files with me via Direct Message? 

It will also be very helpful to know what version of Premiere Pro you're using and what system you're on. 

Thanks,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flynn23900110zmcy  make sure you have included everything you want to edit in premiere pro in after effects essential graphics panel and that you exported the mogrt from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had success on this issue by changing the missing/colour bar video asset from a .mov to a .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines