• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monterey 12.3 Update Causes dropped frames on Premiere 2022 old, up to latest version.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not install Apple Monterey 12.3 update. It causes dropped frames on the Program window (Right Screen that plays timeline). Video will drop frames no matter what resolution or quality setting or even proxies. There was no solution that I could find including any Premiere settings changes, timeline changes, even playing proxy clips that were low res dragged onto a new seqnence with that proxy settings would not play smoothly. 

Adobe, please be advised and I hope this gets addressed asap.

God Speed. 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Viet5F95,
I hope you are well. I am not seeing this performance issue. Can you give us your complete system specs and more info about your media? Which camera did it come from? Have you tried deleting the media cache with all projects closed? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 2021 model highest processor with 64 Gb Ram Monterey 12.3

AMD 32gb gpu on razor chrome box

Footage doesn't matter since all footage from any formats show dropped frames. I opened previously fine projects and they dropped frames so it is a Monterey 12.3 and premiere 2022 issue. 

i can reinstall premiere 15 to test old footage if that will help you. 

thanks for the quick response.

Viet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:  Be advised, if anyone has a machine that has two monitors and uses an external GPU such as the

AMD Radeon PRO W6800 32GB card... your previews and playback on Premiere, AE, as well as Davinci Resolve will not play smoothly if you don't place all interface elements on your native monitor using the computer display car, while placing the preview window on your external monitor using the external GPU. 

If you attempt to play the preview on your native monitor using your built in video card with ANY interface elements touching the external monitor screen, you will not get smooth playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines