• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More color / exposure issues in exports... Lumetri broken?

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage is from my Sony A7siii, source is 4k 60p 10 bit 4:2:2, Slog3, H.264.  Using my Macbook Pro (M1 Pro) 2021. First image is in premiere, the screenshot after color correction.  Second image is what I get when exporting to any format (H.264, ProRes, doesn't matter). My sequence workspace is Rec709, clip have already been checked to be interepreted to rec709.  This issue has only been happenign recently, and I dont understand why....

Upset that this software cannot perform basic tasks and I cannot believe I am still using it as a professional tool.  Every week its a new issue.

ceremony.00_00_12_30.Still001.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 11.16.51 PM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I will add that the massive color/exposure shift happens when viewing anywhere, and remains in place when uploaded to places like YouTube, etc.  So it's not just a screen/mac preview issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found the issue.  Media Encoder is broken.  When I export directly from Premiere Pro, the issue is gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes media encoder doens't  support Color Management so your interpreted color settings (hlg/slog >rec709) don't apply.... Also Proxies don't work properly now.

They didn't think it through very well.. I am still using v15 untill they fix the color issues in v22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So @Adobe we're just gonna ignore this and hope no one notices?   Can I get a refund for the time that Media Encoder is broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines