• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More DDR4 RAM or less DDR 5 RAM?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning to upgrade my PC to i9 gen 12 for AE and PPro. The MB has an option of DDR 5, 6000 MHz. Puget systems recommends DDR 5 for 9-10% better performance. While Abode says more RAM the merrier.

My workflow involves using multiple AE dynamic link layers within Premiere pro. These layers may contain DSLR HD/4K footage, color grading, transitions, effects, color keying and multiple AE dynamic link simple animations of text , lower thirds, particles, swishes, popping icons, motion effects, tracked footage.

I have a budget to either purchase 128 GB DDR4 or 64 GB of DDR5. Any insights into which option would be more prudent? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about DDR5, I haven't heard much about it, but I would go with more RAM = better. DDR4 is still very suitable, and DDR5 is still very new. In my opinion, 128GB would be the way to go.

Check here for additional information:

https://www.quora.com/Which-is-better-128-GB-RAM-of-speed-3200-MHz-or-64-GB-RAM-with-a-speed-of-4000...

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/uk7nnu/128gb_of_ddr4_ram_vs_64_gb_of_ddr5_ram_which_is/

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Jake. Go with the 128GB DDR4. DDR5 would be nice but the speed increase is not going to outweigh the benefits of more ram with DDR4.

However - if you are going with Puget Systems rig, I would suggest asking them. They would have great info on which is the better option in your particular use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines