• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph cut - Analyzing in Background never completes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple headshot cutting to the same head, same everything a few seconds later.

All other transitions work find. I try morph cut and see 'Analyzing in background.' Never see sign of progress - should I see it chewing through frames somehow?

I have gone to project settings. Tried both rendering settings. One thing - When I do GPU acceleration my still frames look like garbage - example:

http://www.screencast.com/t/rPiWL6yL

Software acceleration looks fine. No idea if these items are related.

Have run through all preferences. Don't see anything that might be turned off. BTW - working with MBP 15" late 2013. Latest OS.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
97 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Working great on my system. 

What exactly is going wrong when you use Morph Cut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, too. Keep in mind that the Morph Cut is like the Warp Stabilizer in that it can't perform miracles.  There is a limit to what it can do and results depend upon the footage used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest Adobe get this plugin out of Premiere pro and give it to a team who can make it work since I've had problems with Morph cut for 5-7 years already and Adobe cannot make it work right. Ok, it's 2022.3.1 and my morph cut gets stuck analysing a short clip cut from both sides for ... ever.  I don't know what to say. I'm speechless... Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this technique and others. Morph cut used to work. Now it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported a rendered video and the finished product came out with the words and stripes "Analyzing in background" instead of a morph cut on the final video.  This feature is obviously broken.  I have the third best consumer video card that can be had (RTX 3080) so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - Thanks for your input on this. I'm a long time Premiere user, first time trying Morph Cut. I used it on my first interview - all went well and looked great. Trying on a second interview, I can't get through the "Analyzing in Background" flag. My interviews are shot ikn 4K, edited in 1080p, static plain background. I tried the Render and Replace option which turned all transistions into cross-dissolves. That didn't look quite right, so I went back to replace all with Morph Cut. The first two cuts on the timeline look fine, but all the rest continue to "Analyize in the Background." The edited interview is less than 5 minutes. Morph Cuts are set to 10 frames. As I move through each transition frame-by-frame, the orange banner only shows up on two frames per transition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - Thanks for your input on this. I'm a long time Premiere user, first time trying Morph Cut. I used it on my first interview - all went well and looked great. Trying on a second interview, I can't get through the "Analyzing in Background" flag. My interviews are shot in 4K, edited in 1080p, static plain background. I tried the Render and Replace option which turned all transistions into cross-dissolves. That didn't look quite right, so I went back to replace all with Morph Cut. The first two cuts on the timeline look fine, but all the rest continue to "Analyize in the Background." The edited interview is less than 5 minutes. Morph Cuts are set to 10 frames. As I move through each transition frame-by-frame, the orange banner only shows up on two frames per transition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023. Not working.... Analyzes indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent two hours with Adobe Technical Support last night on this very issue. The outcome after what felt like a million tests, was that Morph Cut doesn't work with Sub Clips (although infuriatingly, it did work with one).

He said that he would feed this back to the developers.

It's dead-easy to test whether it will or won't work: open Task Manager, when you apply the Morph Cut, note the CPU and GPU usage, CPU should increase about 10%, GPU should increase about 80%. If this doesn't happen within about 2 seconds of applying the Morph Cut, it will never finish 'Analyzing in the background' - no need to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being someone who uses subclips a lot, I wondered why there wasn't a team of coders trying to figure out why NO ONE could morph. Thanks for your sleuthing! And for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gave me so much hope. I had in and out points, but sadly it still didn't work. My footage was a sequence though, because naturally, as an interview, the audio was recorded on a nicer microphone onto a field recorder instead of being plagued by the noise of the camera. So even after clearing the in and outs, still stuck at analyzing. I had to render out around where I needed it in order to get it to work which is BS. Premiere has some great tools, and is also complete rubbish at the same time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to sequence settings, if the  Video preview is grayed, go up and set Editing mode  to Custom and than you can set Preview file format to I-Frame Only MPEG, QuickTime, ..... what ever works for you.  

worked for me 🙂

p.s.   "New sequence from clip"  is second solution .... also worked for me.

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system (windows10pro, NVIDIA Quatro M2000 - 30.0.14.7212,32 GB RAM):
After upgrading to 23.3.0 morph cut does not analyse anymore. Analyse banner stays for ever, task manager shows no increase of CPU or GPU usage
Tried:
- Change preview format (not working),
- copy to new sequence (not working),
- cut clips 6 frames in front of edit and 6 frames behind edit (not working)

- nest the two clips from cutting step before, tahn aplying morph (working!!!)
But also new:
Export or  render for preview of 15 Min stabilized (smooth camera move) clip estimates rendertime of 40+ hours

(analyse and stabilize finished after 15 min!) no change with change of effect settings
Footage: HD - Sony .mts files (AVCHD) but also tried Apple ProRes HQ8
No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not convienent, but I have found that allowing Premiere to sit overnight (or at least several hours) typically provides enough time for Morph Cut to process. I guess when you think about what it is doing, it makes sense that the process would takea while. Still, it would be nice it it could be sped up. I edit on a MacBook Pro 2019, so that liekly slows the process as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully disagree. I was doing morph cuts in an Avid Media Composer 10 years ago and it took literally seconds to do.

While the resolutions are 4x the size now, there's also processing power to match if not exceed.

This is a software bug that Adobe isn't really shining at light on. And it's because there IS a work around - a terribly awkward , clumsy and stupid one.

My rule of thumb with software is, if you can figure out a workaround, then the code can be altered to do it for you.

And that is what software is SUPPOSED to do - do it for you!

Like not being able to warp stabilize a clip who's speed has been modified. Yet -if you nest it, you can. (?)

That is a classic example of programers saying "well, if there's a workaround, it is not on the top of my to-do list."

Which, I confess, is fair. As long as there's a reasonable time frame to fix it.

Is the case of morph cuts (and stabilizing speed changed clips) the time frame is rather excessive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 (v23.3). Still facing this bug. Even after multiple attempts of 'Render In to Out', I kept running into a wall. The 'analyzing' ribbon was also coming in the final video export. To tackle, I changed the transition time of the morph cut by 1 frame. Worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are few things more obnoxious than someone replying "working for me" on a technical problem. How is this useful at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem in 2023. The morph cut should only analyze the frames it needs to, not the entire clip. This is silly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. How many years will this thread need to remain open before Adobe fixes this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that's a rhetorical question.  Premiere is loaded with features that kinda sorta work.  This is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem on my video in sept of 2023. I'm so frustrated. I have a speaking video where I was editing out a lot of illeteration skips like um and so. The original video is 20 minutes long and with the pauses edited out it's just at 16 min. Editing out the pauses makes the difference in this video, but the morph cut is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a You Tube video that helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXDtqFlHzso. I'm going cut by cut and adjusting them to a smaller morph length (since it's easy razor cuts). It's tedious and time consuming. Fingers crossed. In the future, I'll set the individual morph lengths as I edit instead of using the auto size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well even ad the smallest poaaible setting, the warning still sows up. It's better to have a frame jump than a red line across the scree. How completely frustrating. I may abandon this project in Premiere Pro and go to another program.  20 min video and over 13 hours in editing it and reediting due to the Morph Cut errors. Ridiculous. I can only hope that as AI becomes more integrated, we'll be able to program it for vocal pops. Oy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not realize this has been a persistent issue for years. I already created three morph cut edits in two projects this week, but when I came back to the same timeline/project the next day, Morph Cut stopped working. It will not complete though it did in the same timeline with nothing changing the next day. I now have to find another workaround for my edits. Thanks, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph has been an issue for some users, worked great for others. If you're one of the first group, total symapthies! I've watched this over the years, and for some users, there were clear things they could/should do differently, and it would work.

But for other users ... zero zip nada. Why? Dunno.

So for basic troubleshooting ... there's several things mentioned up above in this thread, have you tried any of those? Here's a few ...

• works either on 'full' clips or only short cut sections of clips on a sequence ... 
  • doesn't work on subclips (perhaps only in some projects) ...
  • doesn't work until the clip is nested, then works fine ...

And yea, troubleshooting can be a pain in the tush but is necessary to get things working at times. Or to get the best info to the devs on the specifics of when something doesn't work. As most of these buggy behavior things actually work fine for the majority of users.

Wbich is why chasing down why they don't work for the smaller subset can be a right pain for the devs.

Votes

Translate

Translate