We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I have a simple headshot cutting to the same head, same everything a few seconds later.
All other transitions work find. I try morph cut and see 'Analyzing in background.' Never see sign of progress - should I see it chewing through frames somehow?
I have gone to project settings. Tried both rendering settings. One thing - When I do GPU acceleration my still frames look like garbage - example:
Software acceleration looks fine. No idea if these items are related.
Have run through all preferences. Don't see anything that might be turned off. BTW - working with MBP 15" late 2013. Latest OS.
For the red stripes: turn off MPE hardware (ist a know issue with El Capitan)
For the Morph cut you might want to read this: Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Troubleshooting the Morph Cut transition in Premiere Pro
Stripes - As mentioned, I figured that one out.
Troubleshooting doc - thanks saw it. Mine really is a talking head. My two shots are just truncating a locked off camera. The problem is not that it takes a long time to complete. It doesn't seem to start. Am looking for some evidence that this analysis actually happens.
I have same issue. Can someone solve this?
Copy link to clipboard
I had that same issue.
To most effectively use morph cut you literally have to :
Export the first clip to morph, export the second clip to morph, import the 2 new separate files and apply morph cut.
Adobe Premiere should do this automatically, however it runs into one of two issues.
Issue 1: The source file is too large. (my source files are 500mb - 25gb)
Issue 2: The MORPH CUT is being applied to the same clip, which causes the ANALYZING IN BACKGROUND error.
The best way to solve it is to reduce the source file size, export and reimport your clips, and morph between two different source files.
Adobe should do this automatically, but until then this is what we have to do. It's inefficient and redundant - I'm using a Morph Cut between two cuts, I should not have to cut before and after the morph cut in extreme attempts to reduce my source file size.
Michael James Webb
310 Digital Sales And Service
This seems to have been the source of my problem, but I inserted a cut on both sides of the transition and it analyzed within seconds.
-- Dan Dunbar
It's been over three years since you posted this, but this was so nice to find in 2021. Thanks!
Since you reacted recently and managed succesfully, you might have an answer to this quick question 🙂 :What is meant with "Export to morph". Is it that you have a seperate clip and add the morph effect at the end or? Sorry I'm not an expert 🙂
Thans in advance!
I tried a bunch of other things first and this was the only thing that worked. Annoying. But the workaround did work for me.
Thank you for this! It definitely helped. I also realized you can do the same thing with "render and replace" on just one of the clips 🙂
CUT RIGHT BEFORE THE MORPH ON FIRST CLIP THEN RIGHT AFTER MORPH SECOND CLIP WORKED FOR ME 4K FOOTAGE
I think I may have found the issue - hopefully, this will be the same for others.
I found that the reason the effect wouldn't analyze when using Sub clips was because I still had In/Out markers in place on the original clip. I'm assuming this restricted access to the frames it needed to analyse.
Once I remove the In/Out markers on the original footage the subclips were analysed and the effect worked.