• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion graphics not running smooth looking jerky

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created this motion graphic with text, just having it come in quick, stacked on each other, then slow down as they roll across middle screen, then wipe out quick. Kind of fast, to slow mo, to fast. I tried putting the ease in and ease out on it and the key frames for both layers of text are set at same time as each other. It comes in quick, then begins to slow down like I want, but then right before it goes out, it kind of gives a little jump back the other direction. It could look like it was meant to, but I just know its wrong and don't want it to look like that. There are no other key frames to be creating that, just the ones towards in and out with correct positions set. I want to it come in fast, pass over the top of each other smoothly for viewer to read, then move off screen fast. Also every time I try to do ease in/ease out, its like the setting doesn't take and it stays on bezier? I have also rendered and it still does this little jump. What am I missing?

I tried posting a video, and even though mb are right size, it will not load into here. I did my best to explain it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try playing with your Spatial Interpolation settings. I've had similar issues to what you're describing, and changing that around seemed to do the trick. Assuming you're working in Premiere (and not After Effects), go to your effect controls, where you can see your position keyframes, and right click on a keyframe. I believe the option you want to select is "Linear" instead of "Auto Bezier". Try changing all your keyframes to have Linear Spatial Interpolation, and see if that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gah I tried that and it is still happening. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, I'd recommend just playing with any/all of your spatial/time interpolation settings and seeing if any of those do the trick. It might not've been Linear Spatial Interpolation, but maybe one of the others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. I also may call adobe tech support and have them remote access my computer and see if they can help. I am running out of time, and want to add this little extra in our new video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunrise_productions88,

Did they help you? What happened?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called and really am not further than where I started. I have always had good success with tech support but felt like the guy did not know what he was doing and we ended with trying to manually type in the values the position instead of moving the arrow icon back and forth. In case for some reason in the scrolling of the position I might have accidentally bounced it back in between key frames myself. I tried that and even started it in a whole new project, it is still bouncing. I can't believe I am having such trouble with what should be so easy. Grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding "Also every time I try to do ease in/ease out, its like the setting doesn't take and it stays on bezier?":

With a Position change, there's spatial bezier and temporal bezier.  Any kind of ease in or east out is temporal bezier.  If it's temporal linear, there is no easing (it's constant). 

While this is from the After Effects user guide, it offers a good description of what keyframe interpolation is along with the differences between spatial and temporal as well as linear, bezier, continuous bezier and auto-bezier:

Keyframe interpolation - About spatial and temporal keyframe interpolation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same problem. Someone from discord suggested this tutorial!. It will solve your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haSUaqZes0I&ab_channel=VideoSchool

âš¡ Learn CHATGPT with our NEW course: https://www.videoschool.com/YT1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having a similar problem with a straight motion effect ... a panoramic image moving from one side to the other was very jerky. After beating my head against the wall for a while, I finally looked at the sequence settings and saw that it was set to 16 frames/second. I changed it to 29.97 frames/second and the problem went away ... motion was very smooth as image moved from one side to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines