• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse keeps freezing when PC case is accidentally bumped? Solution found!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally solved the problem of my mouse freezing. This has been going on for months now and the mouse freezes either when I accidentally slightly bump my PC case which sits under my desk, or sometimes just freezes for no apparant reason. The BSOD has also appeared a few times because of this. After much troubleshooting with no results I recently came across a thread somewhere that said it could be my RAM that needs to be reseated. I turned off my PC, opened the case and carefully removed both RAM sticks, then re-inserted them again making sure they were in properly. That seemed to have been the problem because it has never happened since, even when I purposefully now knock the side of the case. This seems to be a little talked about fix and worth giving it a try if you are having the same problem.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the thread, Paul. Reseating not only RAM but any cards connected to your motherboard should also be done periodically. This is especially true if you live in a marine climate, which tends to cause corrosion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the PSA!

It is not a bad moment to remove the dust that can accumulate and create cooling issues, or worse, short circuits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines