Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movement without keyframe!

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going crazy and wasting time...

There seems to be a phantom keyframe that I can't get rid of.  I'm doing something very simple, just trying to zoom in on a video clip.  If you look at my attached images, Frame 1 is the zoomed out.  Frame 2, which is one frame later, is the zoomed in - where I WANT the zoom to be.... but if I move to the very next frame, you can see there is no key anywhere the video is zoomed in even further and in a different position!  I have deleted all the key frames and started over, I have restarted premier, and no matter what I do this is happening EVERY TIME!  It also happens if I put in new keyframes at a totally different position.  I'm totally baffled and frustrated with all the time I have wasted to do this very simple thing.

Premier Pro Verseion 23.1.0 build 86

Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I can't edit my post... I wanted to add that the keyframes are Position and Scale.  (You can't see that in the screen shots I uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set all keyframes to Linear.

next time post the entire UI not just a small section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, they are.  In fact I even tried changing them to something else and changing them back again and it still happened.  Here is my full screen, if that helps:

Frame One.jpgFrame Two.jpgFrame Three.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacial interpolation most likely set to auto bezier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...
Then try pressing Enter to render the timeline and turn the red line above the timeline to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was able to fix it, but it is REALLY WEIRD how that happened: I discovered that the keys were located BETWEEN the individual frames!  Not sure this should even be possible, but when I moved frame by frame I suddenly noticed that the keys were not located exactly on the frame start position.  When I dragged them to the correct spot, the problem went away.

But this begs another question... how did they end up in this odd location???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using footage that has VFR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this begs another question... how did they end up in this odd location???

By @ZorpieBelize

If not VFR, were you using audio units on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is VFR?  This was just an MP4 file I was chopping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, variable frame rate.  Is that a characteristic of the MP4 compression, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some mp4 files can be VFR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines