• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving to a new PC Build with Creative Cloud / mirror what CC older Apps have on old PC

Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post below is on Creative Cloud discussions, but this topic spans new Hardware as I am about to build a new machine in order to support all Creative Cloud Apps but specifically, Premiere and Media Encoder.

Building the new PC is not my worry - it is the complex tangle of mess Creative Cloud might cause when I want a replica with what I have today - from an Adobe Apps perspective

It is not clear to me that Creative Cloud will allow install anything older than the last two versions of Premiere Pro on my new machine. I just read this on the web

Today I have access to Premiere 2018, 2019 versions as well which were originally loaded on my current PC by Creative Cloud App back then.

I want to keep them to address some old projects as required.

I am concerned I will not be able to install these older app versions via Creative Cloud install process on my new machine. There is no specific documentation that seems to address the requirement to say if you can replicate what you have currently on a new machine.

Has anyone else been through this pain with a new HW build?.

It is not an uncommon request now as we want to upgrade CPU and create a fresh Windows Install on new solid state Hard Disks before loading Creative Cloud again.

Any guidance / input appreciated to ensure I can install these 'older apps' on a new PC hardware platform.

I want to know up front before I start the process.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think you can install 2018 or 2019 on the new machine only the last two versions.

For older versions, contact support or check with Prodesign tools.

How to Get Direct Download Links for All Adobe Software | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann

I am a bit confused as if I go on 'All Apps' in my Creative Cloud App now - I can see older versions and if I pick say Premiere and click on the three 'dots' to reveal the versions list - it allows uninstall of older versions (on my machine now) - but maybe once you have done that,  it will not allow you to re-install it again ?.

Not impressed, as this creates so much headache for anyone wanted to just upgrade their Hardware platform and not create more work on the Adobe Apps side of things through a new installation process.

I don't see why Adobe can't just keep a snapshot of what you have installed, and once you sign in again on your new machine just install the same versions as what you have today without the pain.

After all, you are only tying to re-instate what you have today on a new Hardware machine and you can only run on two machines (not simultaneously)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the older versions on your old machine because older versions are installed.

I am pretty sure about your new machine  that it will only show the 2 latest versions.

You are not supposed to run on two machines simultaneously, but when I still had my Mac, I did this all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think you are right

In genuine situations where a user wants to move to a new hardware platform Adobe have our hands and feet tied together !

I think I will contact support on this one.

I see no conflict of interest in Adobe allowing a user to mirror all current apps installed. We all know and accept the older app versions are not supported.

I will update this discussion after speaking with support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines