Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Import Audio Alone

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have a new install Adobe CC 2021 on a new HP Z4 workstation. 

I am working on .mov files from the transfer house. The interview was 20 files that were shot with a Super 8 camera. I connected all the .mov files on the timeline adding 3 minute markers. To better work with the timeline so as to have one whole film, 1 hour 20 minutes - I did an export - h.264 - match source high bit rate.

I then imported the MP4 film into a new project ending up without only audio.
I then Googled 'adobe premiere pro mp4 no video' and read the comments.

If I started from fresh, CC and new computer, why would I end up with with MP4 that isn't loading into the project as exptected? Is it that I chose 'high bit rate' instead of YouTube?

Before I open Wondershare Unicoverter to convert the MP4 to MOV is there an adjustment I can apply in Premiere Pro CC 2021 to fix this unexpected occurance?
Thanks for any help,
Gratitude

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Try exporting to Prores or DNxHD and see if that works, these are better codecs if you are going to continue working on the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MAY have a video display problem

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for Premiere Pro (and MAYBE Premiere Elements) use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-such as (this MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/177929/en-in
If you have a laptop you MAY also need to check for a laptop specific nVidia driver
ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/211969/Intel-HD-Graphics-Family
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting to Prores or DNxHD and see if that works, these are better codecs if you are going to continue working on the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No video in the Project window or just the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No video in Project window and no video in timeline - audio plays fine.

I did a few drivers updates Nvidia t1000 with no success.

As to DNxHD I have experimented recently - with success however I didn't know what preset to choose working

with the .Mov files. With respect to DNxHD I would need advise on the prefered preset as all the .mov files for future work are:

Type: QuickTime Movie
Image Size: 2048 x 1536
Frame Rate: 24.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32-bit Float - Mono
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
Total Duration: 00:03:16:20
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Gratitude 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having similar problems importing mp4 and mov clips shot with an iPhone into Premiere Pro 2021. I can see the video while it's in the bin, but I only get audio when I add the clip to the timeline. I have tried 3 different converters still can't see video on any of the clips. I then opened Premiere Pro 2020 and had no problems adding any of the same clips to a timeline. I tried exporting them through Adobe Media Encoder and adding them to the project I was working on in 2021. I get the same result, audio only in my timeline. Now that I have wasted half the day I guess I will start my project over in the 2020 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines