Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 missing audio track in Source Viewer

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got an MP4 file which has an audio track (when I watch the file in VLC player I can hear it), but when I import it in Premiere Pro and scrub through the file in the Source Viewer there is no audio track. Is there something I need to change in the import process to correct this?

This file is from a blu-ray that I ripped to MKV and then re-wrapped as an MP4 so that I could work on it in Premiere, and I suspect I may have done something in this process that means Premiere doesn't know how to interpret the audio codec it is using. This is just a guess though.

I've attached an image of the audio codecs as seen in VLC player and the file in Premiere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

DTS might be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

The issue may well be the DTS surround audio format. You could try converting the DTS to wav. Google will come up with several options. There may be copyright issues if you are using a commercial disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DTS might be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I'm not actually sure what DTS audio is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue may well be the DTS surround audio format. You could try converting the DTS to wav. Google will come up with several options. There may be copyright issues if you are using a commercial disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, you and Ann Bens were absolutely right. I hadn't come across this before (don't tend to rip things from commercial blu-rays) and the solution was to convert the audio to AAC at the same time as re-wrapping the file to MP4. 

Thank you both for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines