• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 snow effect won’t overlay image

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone. My name is Daniel and this my first post. Appreciate finding this community to turn to for questions and comments. I'm learning  how to create projects in Premiere and looking forward to learning. So, I have a question for the community: I'm combining a sound file, a still image and an mp4 snow effect to create a video. All three of these play fine on my timeline and together except: the snow effect and the still image will not play simultaneously. I cannot get the snow effect to overlay the still image.

The still image is jpg.jpg

Anyone know the solution to this? I tried a different image and got the same result. Appreciate any suggestions!

Daniel/Lo-Fi Rising 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say what you're doing to make this happen? Generally you should be able to just put the snow mp4 on track 2 wiht the jpg on track 1 and then simply use the key plugin to remove the black? I'm assuming the snow is on a black background, then you just key out the black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Graeme. I appreciate your time. What you described above is just what I am doing: simply dragging and dropping the files into my timeline, with the snow effect on top, then the still image, then the music file (see attached screen grab and files -- couldn't attach the mp4 snow effect, too large). I'm not familiar with keying out the black, but I will learn that.

Something I did notice was that, when I pasted the 3 files on my timeline, a fourth file, a sound file, was created below the A-1 audio line. I'm not sure why that happened.

I'm pretty new at this, so I really appreciate having some experienced eyes look at this, in case something jumps out at you.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Graeme, you solved my problem! I figured out (with a little YT help) how to zap the black background by pasting the Luma key effect onto my snow effect. The snow effect now plays over the still image and it looks good! Thank you helping me figure this out.

Daniel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the overlay need a blending mode applied, such as Screen or Overlay.

Give your still image a name other then jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ann, and thank you for replying. I don't know if my overlay needs a blending mode such as screen or overlay. I will look that up and see if that helps. I'll also change the name of the image, the double .jpg seems odd. I've attached the sound and audio files and a screen brab of my timeliine if that helps (snow effect mp4 too large to upload)

Appreciate your time!

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines