• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mult-cam Select Camera now STOPS playback

Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... I can't tell if this is a bug, or an intended UI/workflow change.

I'm a heavy Multi-Cam editor, taking multiple Zoom raw videos and switching between them while scrubbing through... clicking the 1, 2, or 3 numeric buttons on the top of the keyboard to switch between cameras.  I've been doing this reliably for 3 years.

OldDesertLizard_0-1684030029188.png

Today, I updated from Premiere Pro 23.2 to 23.4, and now when clicking 1 (when Camera 2 is active) to Select Camera 1, three things happen:

• Playback stops
  • A cut is made at the current location
  • Camera 1 is assigned to the JUST COMPLETED segment.

Previously clicking 1 would "silently" make a cut and assign Camera 1 to the segment AFTER the cut point... switching from Camera 2 to Camera 1, like real TV switching works.  By "silently", I mean that playback would continue, and when playback was stopped, all of the camera selections and cuts would appear on the timeline.

WHY NOW is this different???  I see that Control-1 will CUT to Camera 1, but I've never had to use this before.

A side note: I'm also having problems now with the arrove keys while scrubbing through.  I used to be able to reliably hit left/right to move to previous/next frame, and up/down to move to previous/next cut.  Now it most often but not always won't work -- even after stopping the playback... If I switch to another window or another sequence and come back, it all works correctly again.  Doubel kudos to anyone that solves both issues! Thank you!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?