• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi cam lag

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I just want to know what upgrades I can make to improve the lag when using multi cam editing. I have 16GB Ram, intel i7 8th gen and a processing speed of 4.99???

im not sure on all of these specifics but I've seen a few YouTube videos on changes I can make to my laptop to edit faster and better. Like how much memory is saved for other applications. 
When editing Multi Cam Sequences, it doesn't allow me to make changes and when pressing space to play it doesn't pause as soon as I press pause, it's somewhat uncontrollable and I often restart my laptop just to do the same thing over! HELP PLEASE!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a proxy workflow. I'm currently editing a multicam project with 14 tracks of 4k video. I'm using a pretty beefy MacPro but I'm still making Proxy files 1024x576 ProRes Proxy files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use proxies, low res proxies; what else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you adding effects to your clips before your finalize you edits? If you do try turning them off globally as you edit. Just an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice, I had the same issues, Premiere Lagging in multicam with proxies, the issue was the effects added on the clips : scale and rotation only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines