• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi Projects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator Note: text removed. Sorry. Please do not use Console to change the application. It is against our corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

😞

I need this, because in my case Multi Projects a really annoying "feature"...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hey Neil,

If people want to turn it off, that is a valid request. I recall clearly, some editors raised a mighty stink when multiple projects were first introduced. But these editors discovered an unsupported workaround by hacking the app to turn it off. So. Our colleagues that were most upset about the feature stopped complaining. And for years editors have been turning it off in an unsupported manner - assuming it would eventually return as a feature. I would. It didn't. It was actually consid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you pain.

The feature is a big pita. I tend to make a mess of things.

Wish Adobe would give a Preference.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?query=multiple%20projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't expect the spanish inquisition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you imagine if Adobe actually was suggesting people monkey with the engineering tools of their own app? It would open up a pandoras box of nightmares for we individuals in support. Nothing personal, but we have to put the clamp down on any talk about messing with the nuts and bolts of Premiere Pro, not matter how seemingly inocuous it might be. That's the straight dope. Thanks for understanding. 

Your friend on the ground here, 
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and disagree! 🙂

If I see a way to adapt something so that it suits me better, I change it.

Have you never in your life tweaked something you bought so that it just works better for you?
I hope so! 😉

BTW:
I've known about the possibility of changing something in premiere for at least 20 years and have been doing it ever since.
And I always thought to myself, how good is it that adobe is making this possible, that we can change it in our favour. 

So from engineer to engineer, there's some secret button not working your app. 😉

BTW2:

In Resolve you can change it, a little differrent but you can.
Officially! 

And I am able to script the wiredest stuff under the hood via a console or from outside!
Officially!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir or Madam,

If I see a way to adapt something so that it suits me better, I change it.

Have you never in your life tweaked something you bought so that it just works better for you?
I hope so! 😉

Agree that any application should be customizable to a degree. Make a feature request for that specific thing, for sure.

That said, if you customize things that are not meant to be customized, you might break something (which definitely happens). Then, of course, other things that are seemingly unrelated (yet are related) begin to break. I get a post here saying, "my stuff doesn't work." I don't want to have to ask, "well, did you fool with the engineering tools?" for every editor coming here. Maybe you see now the problems that we as support agents might face if everyone went wild with switching internal tools. My world becomes hell. I hope that makes sense.

I've known about the possibility of changing something in premiere for at least 20 years and have been doing it ever since.

Yes, many experienced Premiere Pro users did not like the feature when it first came out. Too bad the loudest voices died down because I think the devs thought it was no longer an issue.

And I always thought to myself, how good is it that adobe is making this possible, that we can change it in our favour.  So from engineer to engineer, there's some secret button not working your app. 

Sorry about that. Now you know the story. Please upvote the request. 

In Resolve you can change it, a little differrent but you can. Officially! 

And I am able to script the wiredest stuff under the hood via a console or from outside!

Officially!

You can make a feature request for stuff like this. Let the devs know. BTW, I'm in support and I'm not a dev. You can make your case over on User Voice. OK? Thank you!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request for stuff like this. Let the devs know. BTW, I'm in support and I'm not a dev. 

Hi Kevin!

I really hope now that the support talks to the devs on a regular basis! 

Cheers

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anything will change any time soon or in the future.............

Gut feeling and reading between the lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AnnBens_0-1629902306687.png

This says it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand not liking that in stand-alone workflows. But since I went to the Productions mode, there aren't any issues that cause a problem whatever.

And as I run my entire year's work in on Production folder, with subs for different types of work and/or clients, and the projects subbed under those ... it's all quite organized, it's all there at all times.

And all my b-roll footage, audio library, graphics ... are always available for all projects without issue. Drag/drop bang done.

No duped assets in the Production mode.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are missing the point.

We don't want it to remove, we just want a preference to turn it off (as it was before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was just pointing out there is an alternative workflow. That gets away from the mess with assets dragged into other projects in stand-alone workflows. Which yes, is a royal pain.

And does not happen without any additional work on your part in Productions mode. Plus has other benefits.

Being as for whatever reason they won't give us the option to turn the blasted multi-project thing off.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

If people want to turn it off, that is a valid request. I recall clearly, some editors raised a mighty stink when multiple projects were first introduced. But these editors discovered an unsupported workaround by hacking the app to turn it off. So. Our colleagues that were most upset about the feature stopped complaining. And for years editors have been turning it off in an unsupported manner - assuming it would eventually return as a feature. I would. It didn't. It was actually considered a bug, so when the bug was fixed, the item is removed from the engineering tools. Frustrating for our fellow editors not wanting multiple projects!

That said, the advice is to continue to upvote the feature request or bug fix already receiving the most traction. This flag or option is not going to return to engineering tools, most certainly. Please get the communication going, so to speak, so a preference or the like can be baked back in.

My suggestion is to upvote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34311820-multiple-projects

I will advocate for fellow editors. 196 requests is good, but we can do better. Please add your upvote!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines