We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Working with a sequence that has a multicam track in it. Everything was fine; then in the middle of playback, the audio drops out completely and I'm left staring at this with a blank look on my face...
(I've turned the audio down temporarily for the picture so you can see the red line.)
For starters, I've been editing for years and have never seen this before. No audio on this clip - period. So I go back to the multicam timeline. Audio works great and is sounding fine. It's normal. (Note: My raw audio has been rendered to a .wav file so I can see waveforms in my master sequence.) However, here's the kicker. Take a look at this picture from my master sequence...
These clips are from the SAME multicam sequence; they're just from different sections. The one on the left plays fine - the one on the right has no audio. But they're from the same clip.
Hitting my head against a brick wall here. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my clip on the right to cooperate? Nothing is working and I'm a bit baffled as to what to do next.
I'm on a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6. In Premiere CC17 12.1.6.
Same issue, also running off Sierra but version 10.12.5 (can't update as I'm editing in-house for client), and Premiere is CC 2018 v12.1.2 (Build 69). I'm almost thinking it's a bug between the Mac OS & Premiere (since they're constantly at battle with each other with each update). I don't get this on every project file, and I do work almost exclusively with multicams, but it always does happen with the multicam nest. Inside, everything is peachy. Outside, can't see any waveforms, makes it really hard to cut. I've read on another forum to check your audio bitrate, but I've tried their workaround (processing everything as the same bitrate in Audition first), but that didn't help. I've also been using the same camera setups (A7S x2 + 48khz audio into Zoom for recording), setting things up the same way, but it's just an issue that's hit/miss. Also tried importing the project into a new project in case it was a bug in the base pproj file.
Only workaround I've figured out so far is to hit "render audio" (under Sequence menu), it'll give you a horrible ETA of hours or days, but after about 30-60 minutes it un-hangs and processes the audio immediately. Then you'll see the waveforms again. If you don't close Premiere, you'll still be good, but if you close out of Premiere & go back in, you'll get the red line again. At least, that's the issue with me.
It's a really annoying bug that has been reported many times in different ways, but if I were to guess I'd say it's something between Premiere & the Mac OS's audio drivers. So there might be a match made in hell where a version of Premiere has this issue more often with a certain version of the Mac OS.
So temp workaround if you're unable to update your Premiere/OS due to working from client's workstation or if your post house has to run off a certain version & can't upgrade, leave your project & Premiere open. If you do have to close it, just work in a 30-60 minute block into your pipeline where you can render the audio. On project files where this happens to me, I've just been hitting "render audio" first thing in the morning & then work on GFX, music searching, emails, etc. Good luck!
For me what fixed it was there was a Denoise on my audio track within the nested sequence, so Clearing Audio type of the audio within the nested sequence, in the Audio Workspace. Then everything went back to normal immediately. Let me know if that helps.
Just close and open project file
Aoun5F86, closing and opening the project file worked for me, thank you.