Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MultiCam crashes constantly

Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've set up a multicam sequence with six "cameras" (proxies of 4K material). I can do a live edit but whenever I want to change an edit or even undo what I did premiere hangs up (showing the wheel) and I have to force quit / restart. It seems that everything I want to do with the multicam sequence causes the system to crash.

Renderer is on Metal and I unchecked the "Linear color" box in the sequence settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

iMac Pro 2017

3 GHZ 10 core

64 GB RAM

Radeon Pro Vega 64

OS Mojave

Premiere Pro CC 13.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

what happened is that it works now but I don’t know why. In fact I was restarting the system again in order to tryout something and all of a sudden everything worked and the system didn’t hang up. So unfortunately I cannot offer a solution to this apart from restarting the system numerous times

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey morrismedia,

Not sure what is causing the crash, but you can try importing your Sequence/Project in a new project. Check if that makes any difference.

-K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Wondering if you found a solution? Importing to a new project didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happened is that it works now but I don’t know why. In fact I was restarting the system again in order to tryout something and all of a sudden everything worked and the system didn’t hang up. So unfortunately I cannot offer a solution to this apart from restarting the system numerous times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to resurrect this post.  I'm not exaggerating when I say this issue for me literally occurred overnight with no updates or changes.  I was editing a show with 3 cameras for days with no issues at all, then came in today to start editing and every time I make a cut (or do just about anything with multicam view opened) Premiere stops responding.  I've been searching the internet all morning and some people have offered solutions or work-arounds, but none have made a difference for me.

Any updated help??

Thank you,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix my situation by the old practice of trashing my preferences.  Once I trashed them and restarted I was able to edit multi-Cam again, no problems.  I was a click away from buying a new iMac.  Going to hold out a bit longer. Hope this helps!

Here is how you can reset the preferences:

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

If you don't see the list of your recent projects on the Welcome Screen the next time you launch Premiere Pro, the preferences were reset correctly.

NOTE: Nothing happens to the project files; it's just that Premiere Pro's recent directories are wiped off too. Navigate to your project location and open it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffcoatfilms.  Jeff's post should fix your issue.  Apparently at the same time Jeff was writing his post I was talking with Premiere customer service/tech support. 

They went through and deleted all the Premiere preference files.  I thought I had deleted them but I did not get all of them, not enough to fix the issue.  DELETING ALL PREMIERE PREFERENCES should fix this issue. 

Also, I can't imagine how, but the cause of the problem seems to have been somehow traced back to switching keyboards.  The battery died on my wireless keyboard and I couldn't find the cable to charge it, so I grabbed one of my other wired keyboards.  Somehow this must have caused a glitch and ultimately caused a preference file to become corrupt or something.  Not 100% certain if this was the cause, but it might have been.

If you are having this problem and have already tried deleting the preferences, then either do a Google search on how to delete all the Premiere preferences, or, contact customer support to help.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem solved. It was my soundcard driver. After updating Focusrite Scarlett's driver, everything is working right. There was a hassle with sample freq. Scarlett was at 44kHz so Premiere was at 44kHz, while footage was 48. Now all is fine. I am using MME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this fixed my crash issue when trying to make a multicam sequence. Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This deleted all of my unfinished Edited work! More than 40hours wasted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing preferences and cache didn't work for me. It worked for a while then stopped working when I tried to edit. then worked for a while and then stopped working when I tried to use the media from the source window. Now it won't work again, this time it won't let me open a sequence. This is all multi-cam synced footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines