• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam in Adobe Premiere when sources are split in several files

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cameras and my audio recorders don't give me a single file from a recording session, but instead, I get many sequential clips. I'm trying to create a multi-cam sequence in Adobe Premiere with the 3 cameras and a single high-quality audio track. For reference, the video came for GoPro Hero 9 Black and the audio from a Tascam DR-10L. My sources look like this:

d4uxV.png

If I just select everything and create a multi-cam sequence, I end with 15 cameras, so what I did was merge all the clips from each camera into a single sequence (I ended up with 3 of those, one for each GoPro), and then use those for the multi-cam. Is that the correct way to handle the video? It seems to work. This is how it ends up looking:

qhJ8s.png

The audio is proving trickier. If I merge the 3 audio files (the ones with the _D suffix I'm not using) into a single sequence, it ends up being a video clip, not an audio clip (if that makes sense):

TZzLr.png

The problem with that is that multi-cam treats it as a video source, not as the master audio source:

ZFtIs.jpg

As you can see there, the mic ended up being camera 4, and the master audio is camera 1's terrible audio.

What I tried next was to do a multi-cam with the merged camera clips and the source audio clips (had to skip the 3rd one because there wasn't any overlap, I was already turning cameras off). The problem when I do that is that I end up with two audio tracks instead of one, and they are both only coming through the left channel:

fqZT7.png

My settings when creating that last multi-cam are these:

tk34S.png

The audio from the Tascam DR-10L is mono, while the audio from the cameras is stereo. I'm happy to work in mono, so I selected all clips and switched them to mono:

GEIEA.png

So, the question is, how do I handle the audio? How do I make a working multi-cam out of all of this with mono sound coming through both channels?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

@R Neil Haugen pointed me to sources that allowed me to find that answer. On https://premierepro.net/multicam/ it says:

Many users get audio problems (all tracks panned left) because they’re creating a new sequence from the Multicam. Don’t.
Create a new sequence manually, then drag your Multicam into that sequence.

Creating the sequence manually and then placing the multicam helped solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have a new pdf out, a "Best Practices Guide" for longform. It gives actual information and instruction for working the Program, and should be read I think by every user of PrPro. It's got a Multicam section that should answer your questions in detail.

Here's the link to that pdf ... Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle Leirpoll was the 'main' writire of tha, and has expanded the multicam information and post that on his blog here ... Premiere Pro Multicam

Jarle Leirpoll is the guy that wrote the massive 1200 page actual manual for working in Pr, Jarle’s Book “The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro which again, should be a bedside manual for anyone working in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen pointed me to sources that allowed me to find that answer. On https://premierepro.net/multicam/ it says:

Many users get audio problems (all tracks panned left) because they’re creating a new sequence from the Multicam. Don’t.
Create a new sequence manually, then drag your Multicam into that sequence.

Creating the sequence manually and then placing the multicam helped solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2022-08-31 010443.png

specify two channels. Then the sound will flow to the left and right channels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines