• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam - Make a cut while not playing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting that will allow you to make a camera cut by clicking on the Multicam clip while not playing?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the blade tool to add an edit and then control or right click on the clip and change the angle or click on the approriate camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. You just do it. For instance if you pause and put in a cut with the Razor tool, then you can click on a camera and it will change to that camera. Also, if you are just over the shot somewhere and you select a different camera, that will change it to that. I do it all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also wanted to insert camera switches without the video playing back. It would make a nice feature request; if you request it and link here, I'll upvote.

I suspect the reason you want this is because ? you want to switch cameras at a precise instant, and it's not practical to do when the video is playing, right? Cuz you just might be a bit too early or late? That's what my issue was. What I discovered is, if I make cuts the usual way, as the video plays back, they may not fall on the exact frame I wanted, but that can be adjusted afterward. After making a cut, you can trim it right or left just like any regular clip, so the switch happens earlier or later. But you probably already knew that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. You are exactly right. It would speed editing up if you could click on the video you want at the point you want without having to go back and edit.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you request it on UserVoice, I'll upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you guys are talking about? (Alley, jampff), it does exactly what you are saying? It's already there and there are no settings you have to make. Just park the playhead where you want to switch cameras, put a cut in, then select the new camera from the multi-cam monitor. Or with the playhead over the clip in question, you can select a different camera for it by switching the camera in the multicam display.

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also hit ctrl+1, or any number on the top number keys row and that will make a cut and pick your camera while paused. I also created keyboard shortcuts on the number pad keys to make the cut in pause without having to hold ctrl down with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the anwer we were looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option actually exists (at least at PPro 2018): you just have to hold CTRL while you click on one of the multicam images and it will create a cut and choose the camera you pressed from this cut point. If you don't hold the CTRL it will change the interval you are currently standing on to the chosen camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This woirks, except when I do it when the video is paused, for some reason it changes the angle on the clip I'm cutting from as well. No idea why this happens. I can hit Ctrl+Z/Cmd+Z and revert it back, but then I ahve to do that every time I cut camera angles from pause. Huge pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the blade tool or the add edit command first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Camera Number/CMD+Camera Number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved this - Adobe kept defaulting to "Selection follows playhead" - when that's on, the clip you're cutting is selected, so when you try to cut to another camera angle, it also changes the angle of the previous clip (because it was selected). You can deselect this in the sequence menu in Adobe, but it will automatically turn back on every. time you try to go into Lumetri Color review. You can turn that off by following the instructions in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7uCuz9gD8g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines