• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multicam stopped working. fixed by resetting preferences but should I convert to productions?

Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running Premiere 2023...  Not positive what mac OS but something recent...  

So working as postproduction supervisor on a large documentary project...  4k, multicamera interviews and performances.  Set everything up for client earlier this past week.  Tested workflow, it all seemed ok.  He calls me today and says when he edits the multicamera clips into the timeline, they come in as regular clips not multicams...  Tried a bunch of stuff, finally reset preferences and it fixed it...  but it's a large project and it's only going to get larger as we continue working.  Wondering if anyone has an idea about what went wrong and if it could be related to the complexity of the project....and if converting to a production would be smart.    Unforutnately I'm not at the edit room now, but he does have a hardware raid with around 30 tbs of media on it (if I remember correctly).    Any thoughts?     

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything like that, I would definitely use the Productions process/mode for. Without even thinking about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, any insight into moving a single large project to a production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Figure out your organization. It is suggested that you have separate folders within the Production for your major items, subfolders as needed, and projects within subfolders.

Such as a Media Projects folder, or Assets folder; a Sequences folder, a Finals folder, whatever.

And perhaps a parallel folder structure but outside the Production folder for actual assets such as media, that are then ingested via media/asset Projects in the appropriate subfolder. Even unto days or whatever.

2) Create that overall structure as puzzled out above.

3) You might do something then like 'add' the current project to the Production, using it either for the Assets/Media storage (as it's got all references/Source data) or Sequences. I'd suggest using this as your Assets folder, then dragging Sequences to the Sequences project you've created.

4) Test it out ... and you've tested this with duplicates of your media and sequences/projects, right?  lol

5) If all else fails, read through their actually worthwhile files:

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines