• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam VERY slow RTX4090 and 11th Gen i9-1300K V22.5

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Windows 11 machine here with 3 x different SSDs (Program, footage and cache). RTX4090 GPU with 11th Gen i9-1300K CPU running latest V22.5 and 64Gb memory (March 2023).

I always record 4 x 1080p cameras (one is PC monitor adjusted to 1080p, recording in OBS as MP4) and flow in a multicam sequence to Premiere. Other sources are directly from Canon cameras in 1080p MP4.

I am using Proxies: Cineform, LowRes.

For the first 3-4 minutes of the edit, everything is fine - then after 4-5 minutes into the project, clicking a camera angle starts to take a tiny bit longer and by the time I'm 10 mins into the project, clicking a camera  source becomes impossible, initially 1-2 second lag (at the 5-minites mark) and finally, the thing where you can't even hit the Stop button and I have to crash Premiere to get out and stop the timeline playing.

BTW, I was having this BEFORE I upgraded my machine.. The thought of doing more than 2 camera angles would haunt me and put me off even making the videos..

Anyway, coming OUT of multicam to do rolling edits is a breeze - but I can't get camera sources to edit because of the slugging behaviour. I even considered splitting up the project into three 5-min pieces. But this seems a rather weird thing to do.

PS - CPU is on about 12% and GPU on about 5% during this behaviour. SSDs sitting at almost zero.

I am about to go back to PP 22.5 and see if that's any different - although I will have to reconstruct the project.

Is there a work-around..???

Kind regards,

Callum.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues with two very different machines.  The first machine was an older series intel (9500K). But I was about to upgrade to a 13th gen i9-13900K with 64GB RAM and an RTX 4090.  Both machines performed similarly slow with multicam sequences. In my case, I was using only two Sony AVCHD cameras (25Mb/s streams)  I am on the latest version of cc23. Both machines were experiencing performance issues with slow keyboard reaction time, whether that be spacebar-play/pause, or numerically switching cameras. Sometimes while taking between cameras, there would be up to a two to three second lag between keystroke and action. Similarly with the spacebar.

I know it's not a hardware issue, per-se, as I have edited four cameras in multicam with the older machine in previous years, with no issues.

I have tried some of the suggestions of disabling "Murcury Transmit" and others.

I am on nVidia 528.49 studio driver.

Thought I would post here as well, as this is a newer thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend.. Indeed, my CPU and GPU are under extremely litle usage and keyboard becomes unresponsive. Mouse too. I can move the mouse around - but can't stop the playhead once it starts moving.

I have defended Premiere for absolutely years through thick and thin but this latest issue - along with my other issue (I am having audio drop outs on final rendering) forced me to find a solution to continue my hard push for content. AFter posting this, I downloaded and tried Resolve. Buttery smooth multicam - although there is around a 100ms delay when switching cameras. When Premiere worked, it was instant on the mouse-click.

Tragic and desperate solution - and I am not disrespecting the folks at Adobe however people need solutions to problems. I don't care about the price. I just need to create content.

Callum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you the problem started after I updated it to 2023 have you founded a solution? I have updated nvidia they doesn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I tried everything.. Lowest resolution proxy files, closing all tools (color / graphics etc) but it ground to a halt. As I said previously, I moved to another solution completely. My productivity is back to normal again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. No matter what machine I work on. First 5 minutes it works fine than it become laggy and after some minutes sometimes I can't even stop the playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's it.. Playhead continues but no response from anything.. I hit CTRL-S to save the work - and after a few moments (maybe a minute) I sometimes spot a SAVE but no chance of stopping the playhead or doing anything else..

I still have an Adobe licence until October this year but now that I have invested about a month with an alternative, I wonder if it's worth coming back - or will it be fixed. This is the second time this bug has come back..

I guess (tragically) I'm super annoyed that this wasn't caught in testing. I bought a whole new machine thinking it was me. But it wasn't. Anyway, my new machine is absolutely FLYING with multicam on my alternative solution - and regular non-multicam with Premiere still works perfectly without Proxies.. My issue is that almost ALL my tutorials and edu-stuff are multicam which makes 90% of my editing impossible.

Anyway - apologies to everyone for the bandwidth!

Peace to all (including all the lovable kind folks at Adobe - and the regulars in this community !:)

Callum x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand as I have the same challenge and you get frustrated that you can't get on. Tried downloading an older version of the NVDIA driver, it doesn't work at all. Jewg hope adobe does something about this problem asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Tried upgrading today to 23.2.0 (build 69) and no change.  I'm going to try downgrading to 2021 or 2022 and see if the issue goes away. If not I'll have to find an alternative also. Using proxies didn't make any difference for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that until this is seriously recognised by Adobe, it will remain a hidden bug that periodically will come and go. This is the second time in about 4-years.. It's like a piece of code that didn't work right has accidentally been re-injected - or another bug has been fixed and thisd one came back..

Tragic. But I understand folks are busy making money and multi-cam isn't often used by "professionals". Maybe I'm wrong, I use it every day..

Have a great day! Peace, Callum x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, with multicam sequence. Playback is smooth only after open application and first seconds of editing. After pausing playback or edit multicam timline and next back to the editing on multicam sequence, timeline starts huge lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhotocamMedia - nobody has found a solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's no solution until Adobe release an update. This is something under the hood. The only solution how to work with multicam in the newest version is to reopen whole Premiere each 10 minutes. It's faster than wait until the playhead stops respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also found that this is the best solution. Either restart Pr every 5 minutes or use Davincii Resolve's Multi - Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL OF YOU ON THIS THREAD CAN THANK ME LATER.

ITS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/DvkE-51LV4o

boom shaka laka my premiere pro is ULTRA FAST now with my RTX 4090.

what a relief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have fixed isn't what the problem was.. But I like your enthusiasm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 13900k/4090 and Premier has been awful for me. I tried rendering a dynamic linked clip from after effects in premier timeline and it took almost 2 hours....for a 30 sec clip with roto brush. All the whole.my CPU utilization was 23 percent and GPU 5 percent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try turning off 'Show Clip Markers' in the wrench menu on the timeline - I was having the same problem with a 10min multicam sequence, and after toggling everything I could think of turning it off seems to fix the slow down. Hope that helps for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines