Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Multicamera Audio Cuts Out If I Change Angles While Paused (+Adding Audio To Main Line)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

As a relatively new user, I have a couple questions regarding Audio with Multicam editing.

First of all, my setup probably helps with context:

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 11.29.59 AM.png

Essentially, I create a Sync timeline where I drop in externally recorded audio as the baseline. I then add and manually sync all my clips to that audio (as sometimes even the audio from the cameras isnt properly synced with its footage), then create a new sequence ("Multicam"), drag the sync sequence in, and edit in the Multicam editor.

To make my life easier, I've also set hot keys for my camera angles using the number pad on the keyboard, designed to match what I'm looking at visually (i.e. 7 = Angle 1/Top Left, 8 = Camera 2/Top Right, 4 = Camera 3/Bottom Left, 5 = Camera 4/Bottom Right) - this way, I can play the footage back, and just click the buttons to change angles as I go. It works really nicely...

Except for when it doesn't. Two main issues here.

1) Many times (although not always), if I change camera angles using the hotkeys while the video is not playing, I lose all audio on the timeline. I have to click undo to get it back (but I dont actually lose my cut). It's really weird and a huge pain in the ass because it can startup from nowhere - you could go in, make a couple changes, start playing again, and have no idea, then you have to undo until it comes back.  I tried to test a couple things before posting this, but of course, even changing with my hotkeys was working fine when I tried to test it, so I couldn't confirm:

- Does it happen if I change angles by clicking the angle in multicam view? When paused, this shouldn't add a new cut, just change the angle for the existing cut segment. I'm pretty confident it does not.

- Is this switching to the audio from that camera feed instead of using my main timeline audio? So, if I unmute those camera angles, will I have sound? I don't want to use that sound, but it may help in diagnosing the problem and finding a fix.

The other issue with this is adding audio to the main timeline. sometimes, my audio recording cuts off before the footage does, and there may be an outtake or something funny and worth capturing at the end of my camera footage. To solve for this, I thought the easiest solution would be to cut the audio from one of the angles, and just add it to that main audio timeline (the one that provides audio for my entire edit):

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 11.30.19 AM.png

Since I'm never changing audio sources during the edit, this shouldnt be an issue - the new audio should just continue where the old audio left off. But that doesnt happen - it stays silent.

I can't figure out why this is. Maybe I need to close the multicam sequence before doing this? Maybe I need to do this before I even create a multicam sequence, so that it's pulled in from the get go? I don't know - if I were to go in and change the timing of a clip, that timing would be updated in the multicam sequence, even if I never closed it, so why wouldn't this be the same?

These are small issues, but annoying ones. If anyone can offer any guidance, I would really appreciate it!

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines