• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Issues: Export, Hardware Acceleration, Stabilizer, Crashing, Audio, Workspaces + More

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to start?

1. Sequences cannot be exported if you change the name of the file on the export screen.

2. Sequences cannot be exported using hardware acceleration so now it takes 4+ hours to render and export a 15 minute sequence.

3. Warp Stabilizer still has a crop issue 18 months after the sped up feature was introduced.

4. Multi-cam sequences are still generated panning all audio hard left. A new sequence specifically set to mono is the ONLY way to get around this.

5. Repeated crashes throughout the editing process.

8. Audio will still randomly cut out in the middle of editing. Changing any amount of hardware settings, software settings, Windows/Mac settings or re-installation does not do the trick. ONLY reverting to previous versions KIND OF works.

9. Workspaces don't save. I have to reconfigure the entire program every time I turn it on because it won't save any time I try.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Adobe emails endlessly to try to troubleshoot and the only experience I get with them is "lets go through all of the steps that everyone else goes through over and over and over and over and over and over again just to tell you you need to reinstall and then revert to a previous version". I get no where with them. I get nowhere reading through all of the forum posts where a million other people are reporting the same issues. Developers apparently do not care even a little bit to actually fix these issues. Instead, Adobe commissions them to roll out a million new features before fixing the old ones. You know what happens when you build a brand new addition to a house on a shoddy foundation? It collapses.

Fix the problems or lose your business Adobe. It's that simple. I'm not quite sure how Auditon came to be the most stable software you offered being the red-headed stepchild of the Adobe product line. As soon as I learn Resolve, I'm out of here.

Here are my specs for whoever actually cares enough to FIX THE PROBLEMS instead of send a thousand tech troubleshooters to waste hours more of my time.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)

64-bit operating system

Windows 11 Pro

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super

My system is more than strong enough to handle the basic funcationality that Premiere Pro is supposed to provide. This is so unbelievably irritating to watch such a superior company collapse under the weight of its own ineptitude. 

Mod note: Title changed to reflect actual issues. Former title was, "So many issues - where to start? Will Adobe ever care about their product again? Probably not..."

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a mess ... but the frustrating thing is, none of those is an issue on my machines. I can't replicate that behavior. And although there are definitely some users having some of the issues you mention, they aren't something the vast majority are actually dealing with.

So ... yea, trying to sort why it's such a mess on your machine sucks.

1. I change the name of the export on almost every export. Never had an issue with that.

2. No problem with H.264 "hardware acceleration" as long as of course one doesn't use 2-pass (can't be hardware in any app for 2-pass.)

3. Definitely some users are getting weird results at times with Warp, but ... I haven't. Lucky or not, I just haven't. And that's a weird one for sure.

4. Huh ... wonder what your cameras are, might make a difference. My pocket 4k, the Panny ... and combined at times with others I have arranged to shoot other angles with Red, A7s3, drones ... never had this happen. Yea, would be a royal pain.

5. no crashes here either ...

8. random audio cut-outs also gets reported here. So that's an issue for some, but ... why?

9. The only workspaces issues I have ... and I've got nine customs for my work, and use three of the 'standard' ones making tutorials ... is the stupid Project panel likes to revert to the lower left quadrant panel of the main UI screeen, and I NEVER want it there. And have complained in person and here to the engineers.

FWIW ... I work daily both in Resolve and Premiere ... and Au, and Ae some too. I work with and for a colorist teaching website, so I'm "around" a LOT of Resolve users, and Baselight too. Plus I'm on the LGG and BlackMagic forums daily also.

Resolve, since BM decided to chase Adobe's dream of being the one software for all users, all gear, all media, and all workflows ... has had more problems also. Many of the colorists I know are still on 17, waiting for an 18 that's stable or 'proper' on their kit. Others are on 18.1 and doing fine. Though a bunch of people who jumped at 18.1 for the cool new tools had to jump back due to the number of issues with 18.1.

Yet, like with the Adobe products, the majority are pretty much working ok. Which really sucks when you're the one hammered. And yes, been there done that, thrown things at the monitor (thankfully didn't break it but ... )

These are tools. Fancy hammers. And when you've got clients, you have to use whatever gets the job out the door to the nice people paying your bills. If the branding is Adobe, BlackMagic, Avid, who cares ... the only thing that matters is being able to get your jobs done on your gear.

Test all the tools, Use the one or group that works for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, that's the most coherent response I've gotten from anyone so far and I appreciate the honesty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in professional imaging over 40 years. I've had to switch brands of film, BW & color paper, cameras, lights, software ... I don't know how many times. Nothing has been a permanent part of my professional life.

But the work always has to get out somehow. Which has required adopting a totally practical mental process. Including realizing when I'm one of the small group getting hung up by my thumbs over some stupid software or other issue. Which yea ... hurts. But I realize my issues are not everyone's issues, and try to figure out how to get my work done with things as-is.

Of the problems you're having, that audio cut-out issue is a wowzer. I've seen some threads on that. Not many have it, but if it's you, that's just nailing your backside to the furnace wall. Ouch.

Hope they sort that out quickly ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I advise conforming HEVC or H.264 media to an editing codec, like ProRes or ProRes LT. I also use smart rendering. After doing so, many of these issues vanish. Unless you have a top-of-the-line system, this works pretty well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines