• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Startup Issues on Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having multiple unfortunate issues with Premiere Pro on startup recently, and I don't know if they're connected in some way or if I'm just incredibly unlucky, but I'll try to go through all of them in as extensive detail as I can, as well as the surface-level solutions I've taken to try and remedy them. If anyone has any advice or needs more information to offer any, let me know.

Recently, Premiere Pro has been acting up excessively every time I try to open the current project I'm working on. The first thing that might happen is it'll simply crash trying to open it. No "Premiere Pro has stopped working" or freezing, it simply closes itself after trying to about thirty seconds. This occurs past the splash loading screen, during the part where it starts to load in the actual timeline and media. No problem there, I just open Premiere Pro and try again.

This is where the real issues begin. The first being the timeline and playback discrepency. I realize Premiere Pro needs a while to load the timeline, all the media, etc., but I've been giving it around ten to fifteen minutes, sometimes even longer, and it STILL can't load them properly; and this seems to be incredibly arbitrary. Sometimes it's ready to go in five minutes, sometimes it simply won't finish loading at all. Or it'll just stay on "Media pending" forever. All after taking up about 90% of both from trying to start up, and then dying down to around 10-20%. And the thing is, the timeline moves along just fine with all of the audio playing as well, but it's just the playback fooptage that doesn't seem to cooperate. I doubt this is a hard drive issue because I'm running Premiere Pro on an SSD, and getting all of my media footage from another SSD.

If the playback isn't completely black, sometimes it'll just be incredibly choppy, going at what feels like 10 frames per second, and keep in mind, I edit my footage with the playback quality set to 1/4th of its original quality knowing that it'll help for a smoother performance. This is the exact same process as the aforementioned 'black screen/media pending' problem I mentioned earlier, where Premiere Pro will take forever to start up, use 90% of my RAM (which by the way is 32 GB) and CPU, die down to a normal level, but still hasn't finished loading everything. And even if I give it another ten, even twenty minutes to try and finish loading, it doesn't get any better.

If either of these scenarios happen, I just restart the application, go through the same process again and again until FINALLY it works properly. Playback footage is 60FPS, no media pending forever, no crashing on startup.

Aside from some of the bits I mentioned earlier, here's a short list of things I already tried to fix this: 

Checked my graphic's card drivers. Done, and done.

Cleared my media cache. Check.

Closed out additional programs. Check.

Check Premiere Pro for updates. Yes.

So far the only thing that's "worked" consistently is just restarting Premiere Pro and hoping each time everything will load properly.

If anyone has any suggestions or needs more information to make one, again, ask and I'll do my best to answer. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not note if you had reset your preferences - do that. I had a period (on Mac) where preferences were getting corrupted regularly and causing weird issues.

I would consider your drives as a *possible* problem and I'd start by testing their throughput. Blackmagic have a free app called 'Blackmagic Disk Speed Test. 

I would also suggest creating a new project and then 'import' your old project into the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines