Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music Going Out of Sync in Export Problem

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've had the strangest problem with some audio in Premiere Pro recently. When I render the preview files for my video and then export the video with media encoder, the background music goes out of sync by just under a second, I use two pieces of background music in the video, and they are audio only, there's no video to them. The reason I render the preview files is because of  audio directly from video files cutting off randomly in the final exported file, even though there's no issue with the file or timeline, and rendering the previews seemed to fix it.

Back to the current problem. I tried a lot of things, setting the time display format of the two music audios to the same as the sequence, which is 29.97fps, that didn't do anything. One of the videos I was using had a variable frame rate so I deleted that and exported the project again, that didn't work.I tried exporting the project again in case it was a simple bad export, again didn't solve the mystery.

Then I decided to delete the preview files and not render them again, and instead go straight to exporting with Media Encoder, on the basis that render preview files in the past have caused me syncing issues in the past on videos with subtitles, I think, I'm not 100% certain on that.

Deleting the preview files worked and that fixed the issue. So my question is, do preview files mess up your export if they're not deleted, and if so, why? Sorry for the long story, I was troubleshooting on my own for about an hour now and this is problem I can't find an answer to.

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add on, I might have just found a potential issue, all my audio is 48,000khz, except for those two pieces of music, they're both 44,100, is that the issue? I was just reading about that causing sync issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would certainly not help matters.

Try sample rate conversion before importing, if on PC there is the excellent R8Brain from Voxengo as well as a more advanced paid version. They have a range of free plugins as well as being seriously great tools & utilities.

Another thing to watch out for is VBR audio, especially if using lossy garbage like m4a and/or AAC-LC, MP3 and their like. This simply doesn ot help & these too should be changed to CBR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. I'll try that out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines