Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF Audio not playing in Premiere - Sony FX7

Contributor ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP: Sony FX7 and MXF question:
I filmed a show last weekend and I can't work out what I did differently in Premiere with the first half video clip and the 2nd to get the sound channels to split like the picture.

Left hand 0121 is the 1st half -super, smashing great, the right 0122 clip is the 2nd half.

How the Jiminy Crickett do I get the 4 channels out of the 2nd half as I did the first?!?!

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import the clips using the Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Yes I imported the entire card of the XQD I copied to my D drive via Media Browser. Not sure how else you'd get footage into Premiere! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the files in the project panel and select Modify-Audio Channels, Post a screen shot of both the good and bad file so we can see how they differ. If they look the same, use the program MediaInfo in tree view to see how the files differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had another thought, make sure you have 4 tracks source patched for adding new material.

source patching 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon Richard,

Taking a look at your suggestions now. If I go to add 0122 to the existing "healthy" sequence with those 4 channels patched it still throws only one channel A5 into the project.

Untitled.png

Whats interesting is that if I try to bring in 0121 in a 2nd time that also gets thrown down to A5 . 

Which begs the question of what I did (seemingly by fluke) to get A1-4 populated!??!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Hi, I called up Adobe tech support, dude said to download the Beta for Prem Pro so I did. Initially the behaviour was the same. Then I removed the footage/source from Media Browser, re-imported it. Dragged it in to existing healthy seq, no change. However I then did Create New Sequence from clip, all 4 channels are available. Cut+Paste into healthy seq now all fine. 

Dude on the phone said that Sony MXF files are known to be problematic with video not the right colour or the audio to be hit + miss as with mine. But now I'm ok so thought I'd feed this back to the Community and hope it helps someone else in the future.

Cheers to adobe Tech Support for the assist!

Peace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MXF files with 8 audio channels cause exactly the same problem for me after importing them into Premiere Pro.
The audio channels of the first clip are always corrupt and cannot be split properly.
Even when one SD card gets full and another is written to, the audio problem is present on the first clip. The second clip and the remaining clips on the card then work again as they should. For professionals, this is actually unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines