• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF file read error in After Effects and Media Encoder 24.3

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just encountered this - opened a project from March 14 in which I used a few mxf clips (which worked just fine at the time), but now getting "unsupported" error messages in 24.3.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SteveBlacker,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Could you share the source and codec of the MXF file you're importing? Please also let us know if you're using a Windows or a MacOS system. 

This post was split from a discussion to gather more details. (https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/regarding-mxf-file-read-error-in-update-after-effe...
Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AfterFX_MGUYJBZ86A.pngvlc_YAXVPIoR5u.png

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎21-‎03-‎11
OS build 19045.4291
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Does it help if you move the MXF files to another storage device? If they are currently stored in an external drive, does moving them to a fast internal storage help? I understand this issue might not be related to the storage device, but this information can help us better understand the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're on an internal SSD drive which works fine for everything else (and worked fine when creating the project in question). I moved them to the desktop (also an SSD drive) and reloaded the clips in the AE project panel and they worked as expected. I tried reloading again from original project location and they don't work and give me errors. Very strange as I have no other such problems with the storage location in question - it's a relatively new 4TB SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines