• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF files drop frames after premiere pro 2023 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest update still has massive drop frames and black frames when editing with MXF files. This has been occurring since April's update. Adobe closed my case without addressing the bug. I originally thought it was my processor 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W.

For reference I shoot with C300 mark iii and the c70. I am a professional filmmaker and have been in this industry for 25 years. The reason I left Final Cut in 2008 was because of major program errors like these. We need a stable program and tech support that listens. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Hi All,

Sorry for this issue. If you are still facing this issue in the latest Premiere Pro version, please share some problematic media/project files https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html . We will check it at our end and report back.

Thanks, Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It totally sucks in all honesty... I've been creating prores proxy files. Either that or transcode as others mentioned. Proxies aren't great to look at aesthetically, but it's way less daat to store compared to transcoding everything and bloating your files sizes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change to Davinci Resolve in much better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the very same issues since using MXF Files from a FX6, dropped frames, super slow usage. I've followed all the advice here and still the same. It runs slower than my previous 2019 machine. 

MBP 16inch M1

64GB Ram

4TB Storage 

PP Version 23.00

It occurs in all MXF formats, but not in MOV/MP4 etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find the solution yet? I'm working with Sony FS7 4k, 50fps MXF footage. I have M1 Ultra with 128GB RAM with 20 CPU cores nad 64 GPU cores. Definitely very choppy and hard to edit in realtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution, I had to convert everything in the end. It's like going back to 2012. Once this particular project is finished I'm going to bite the billet with Davinci Resolve. I am losing time and money whilst being charged to beta test someone's non-working software. It's simply not good enough and I doubt it's going to be resolved anytime soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not happy with the service either. Just spoke with tech support and they told me my GPU is not capable to encode and playback this type of files real-time which I find very hard to believe. Even generating peak files for this codec is taking ages. I was thinking of swithcing to Davinci Resolve many times aswell ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched as well. I waited and waited and waited without a resolution. Resolve seems like an incredible program so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only soultion you can choose is to go back to premiere 2021, this is what I am doing for the moment or leave premiere and switch to resolve. This is what I am thinking about, too. This is really not an acceptable sitauation, I mean there are thousands of Sony and Camera Cams out in the market with a codec that is quite solid and not new and which is also used by professional braodcasters and that codec is not going to be supported correctly by Premiere anymore, it is shame for a software which costs a lot of money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to stay with PPro for whatever reason, you can always transcode to ProRes on import, which I have started to do ... assuming you have the space available for this, it makes everything more fluid and manageable in post, but I agree, you shouldn't have to do this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already left. You're looking at a new resolve user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are you reading this? Are you working on it? Can you tell us if and when it will be fixed?

I'm also seriously considering moving onto another editing platform as this problem with MXF files makes Premiere Pro unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not listening. Just move to resolve, you'll be so much happier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... and still not fixed!
Adobe, can we have a refund of this year's plan as we are paying for a program that is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the newest version today 23.1 and now everything plays back fine with no frame substitution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, here's my specs

WINDOWS 11 22H2, 22621.900

AMD Ryzen 9, 3900x

96GB Ram

4TB Samsung 980 Pro m.2 SSD

GTX 1080 TI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 23.1 on my Mac and still having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also updated to Version 23.1. But I am facing the same issues with MXF footage from C3ooii and R5C.

My specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 Zoll, 2019)

3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Mac OS Big Sur

It is very frustrating. I will check if Resolve can handle it better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use DaVinci Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on AE 2023.  Not happened before and worked worked with this actual footage no issue on same computer AE 2022.

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB

64 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

Version 13.2.1 (22D68)

Can't tell details of footage as client supplied same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have simmilar problem. All Sony fs7 mxf files has a terrible lag make it unable to work with. It was getting worse and worse since 22.63 update. I need to transcode all footage to ProRes and than start editing. Files specs are the following:

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 20.58.17.png

My PC spec is:

 

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 21.03.08.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems here with my pc. No other footage has these problems! Mxf files have serious lag times, also take forever to import, and when I choose "create proxies" and try either a quick time low res, or h.264, each proxy is taking 2 hours! For each 10 GB file that's only about a minute of footage! Makes no sense. It's basically made my entire film unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for this issue. If you are still facing this issue in the latest Premiere Pro version, please share some problematic media/project files https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html . We will check it at our end and report back.

Thanks, Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to have got worse in the 2023 version. Just updated to 23.6.0 and a large MXF timeline is almost unplayable. I created medium resolution ProRes proxies overnight, but switching to proxies in the timeline was no better. I then donwloaded the current Beta version of Premiere, and opened a copy of my project. The MXF sequence appears to play seamlessly. But do I want to risk editing a large project in a Beta version, knowing there could be other unforseen issues? I am tempted to try the edit in Beta, and then possibly export XML back to v 23.6 for the grade.

The project I am working on has 2.5TB of media, and roughly consists of 6 x 2 hour rough assemblies to be cut down to around 30 mins each. There are 3 cameras, 4 tracks of video and 8 Wav audio tracks for each sequence. The playback issue in 23.6 persists irrespective of my sequence settings (have tried ProRes 422, AVC Intra, DNX and more...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A further update on this issue...

When I started to work on my project in the Beta version, non of my user settings had activated, so I started switching on settings in the timeline 'spanner' menu. Suddenly everything became very very slow again. I the reversed the process, turning options off one by one, and it turned out to be 'Show Duplicate Frame Markers' that was causing the issue.

This project has a very high amount amount of dupliacetd footage, as it consists of three different studio setups, filmed over three differnent days, of participants watching the same material. The studio footage is all MXF, but the dupliacte material being watched is all ProRes, and my timeline is set to ProRes as well.

Now I know the isssue I can work without Duplicate Frae Markers, but it would be better to have this active for my workflow.

I have edited this type of project on older versions of Premiere without issue. It is onlt happeneing on the 2023 version. Is anyone else experienceing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines