Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF-Import gets Error

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo

I startet a Premiere Project with the version 2015 at an Mac Pro.

Now i had to change the computer.

I'm now working on a new PC and startet the project with a CC 2017 Version

and there i got some error for MXF-Files at the reconection.

The shots where taken by a Sony cam.

And at an adobe support chat the adobe-worker said, i would work on the project with a Version of 2015 like i build it,

but it still get the same error.

When i open it at the Mac everything is ok, but i can not continue the work on it, because a new co-worker gots the Mac.

So is that a problem of divers for the MXF? Or something from Premiere at Windows?

Can someone plz help me to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by closing Premiere Pro and renaming the top level folder containing the media.  When you reopen the project, point PP to the new media location.

Report back the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,

thx for your reply but the hint doesnt work.
It reacts similar like befor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is saw not, that the MXF regards to an AVID-Project.

Originally the Project was build in AVID, and then exported to Premiere.
But i worked in Premiere 2015 in the Project and now i have to use thes new Computer.
So could there be a Problem from Premiere to read the AVID-MXF-Files?
Also PR gets some of the MXF and some not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're throwing out conflicting data here.  In the first post you say the media is from a Sony camera, then later you say it's exported from AVID MC.  In the first post you say it doesn't work in 2015, then later you say it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sorry.

I started the project in Premiere 2015, on a Mac.

BUT i remebered just today while research, that the basis was from a cutter, who used AVID,

and exported it to Premiere.

So while i used PP2015 at the Mac there was no problem.
(or i still dont remember - cause i stated 3/4 year ago at the project...)

But like i said, i had to change the computer now and now i get the problems.

I dont might be the technical-geek to know where the problem came from.

I just wanna continue with cutting with PP - cause thats i like.

But that thx a lot for reading my problems and having the patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PREMIERE_fehler.JPG

"Error-Message:

The Import gets  a general error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I also get the error message, "the importer reported a generic error", when trying to load the mxf files.

Just the thumbnail jpegs load....

I have the Sony pxw-z150 xdcam

The files are .mxf      xavc  1080/60p 50

I tried loading the ENTIRE folder via media browser, thru the import option, individual files, thru the camera, from the hard drive, from the original disc. All without success...

I'm using Premiere Pro 6.05 on a HP workstation 64 gb RAM, Windowa 10pro, intel i7 2.6ghz

I really don't want to have to convert these files to load them in Premeire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 6.0.5 didn't have support for Sony XAVC. You will need a newer version of Premiere Pro to import those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

I have no Avid created media to test.  Do you have access to the original camera media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I know this is an old thread but thought I should still say something as I had the same exact problem but found a workaround.

I was entirely annoyed by the fact that I wasn't able to edit my MXF files in Premiere when a couple of days ago I was able to.

What I've found is that the video files I had didn't give permission to system users for full access, even though I am the administrator.

Now you could manually select each clip and change it for full access to users, but what I did was I right clicked the shortcut to Premiere and selected "Run as administrator" and everything worked perfectly.

TL;DR

Right click the Premiere shortcut and select "Run as administrator" and everything should work again.

Hope this helps other people as much as it helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I just received this error, and this method worked for me. I am on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra with 128 GB of RAM running PR 23.1.0 (Build 86). I ran as admin by going to the app icon in finder and right-clicking, then holding the option key while clicking open. I am now able to import MXFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines